Saturday, April 11, 2009

Weekend at Last














Happy Easter and Happy Passover to everyone! This week has flown. Today, Joe and I are heading to the Country Market in the Ozanam Centre to see what homemade goodies that they have. Even though we are a small village, our Country Market has become very popular all around. You can see a bit about it at http://www.discoverireland.com/gb/ireland-things-to-see-and-do/listings/product/?fid=FI_69575


Joe and I have a very quiet weekend planned...one of which is a 8 mile walk across the dunes to Tramore Beach. We will have the beach to ourselves...we always do...and we will have our packed lunch there. Here are some pics of it to see why we would walk 8 miles to get there.













Tory Island can be seen from a distance. We are taking a day trip to Tory this summer. It is a Gaelic speaking island and very lovely. You can see info about it at
http://www.oileanthorai.com/



Hoping everyone has a happy holiday weekend! Don't forget the chocolate, but don't eat one this big. LOL








9 comments:

a good yarn said...

That is some spectacular scenery and I hope the weather holds for your walk. Have a lovely Easter!...Ann :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend to me..
enjoy
We're off to a Cardinals game today

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

That's a lovely walk...enjoy the picnic lunch Micki...It's now Easter Sunday morning and soon we will be heading off to meet Natima...Have a great Easter...Dzintra ♣

Sew Lind said...

Happy Easter :-) Beautiful views! My son is hoping for an easter egg that big, it's his birthday today ;-)

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Those pictures are beautiful. I wish I could visit Ireland.
That is some chocolate egg.
Thanks for those links and
Happy Easter to you.

Pat said...

Beautiful scenery. I hope to one day see Ireland as my ancestors are from there.

Annelies said...

Happy Easter !!

Marie said...

Happpy Easter Girlfriend!! Love those pictures, hope your picinic and walk was great. We will share today with my Mom and I will be thinking of all my blogfriends . Hugs, Marie

Susan In Texas said...

Happy Easter, Micki. I hope you enjoy your hike and picnic. Thanks for your kind words about Mary's quilt. I'm hoping that when she sees how well it turned out, she'll want to try quilting again. She had pretty much given up on quilting otherwise. We need to find her a really simple project!

Happy hiking,
Susan