Friday, April 3, 2009

A Quick Note About Knitting, Crocheting, and a Giveaway

I love crocheting and knitting, so I was thrilled to find Bella Mcbride's Blog, and now she has a giveaway that you can check out at http://bellamcbride.blogspot.com/search/label/bloggy%20giveaway. I have to admit that I love the patterns that she has available, and will be trying the sheep pattern out one day. I love sheep and collect them.Her prize for the giveaway is a romantic, beautiful neckwarmer. I have been crocheting since I was a little girl, and a few months ago got into knitting, so it has been another relaxing activity to do at night or wheneverI don't feel like making the hexagon flowers.

Also check out a knit and crochet community called Ravelry...I am a member of that and it is wonderful. You can see their site at www.ravelry.com Also for my knitting, I have found Knit Picks invaluable, especially their tutorials. You can visit them at www.knitpicks.com . I am working on my cabled bag now, but when I finish that, I will try that sheep pattern, and also I want to get into making socks, and I think that I will use the magic loop technique for that. If you are not familiar with Magic Loop, you can see a great video of it at You Tube at the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtBSmxGomPk. I have been hesitating about starting socks, as I heard that they are hard, but I will never know unless I try knitting them.

I subscribe to Knit Today Magazine, and I have gotten some really good patterns from there. It is going to take me a while till I can knit as well as I can crochet. All in good time!

3 comments:

ceecee said...

Okay - so I don't know anything about crochet - and just a bit about knitting - I can still drop by to listen to The Highwaymen! This is what I love about blogging. I feel a connection with you because we're from the same part of the world - and that Philly-Jersey thing is definitely another world! So, Yo! Micki! Geno's or Pat's?
Catherine

Kath said...

No chance of you being bored then Micki :) A woman of many talents, methinks! Kathx

Bella McBride said...

Thank you for blogging about my giveaway! Good luck and it's nice to meet you!
Bella