Thursday, April 2, 2009

Finished The Twilight Series and a New Hexagon Flower





Well, there are forums that have formed for people like myself who have completed The Twilight Series. I read some of the posts tonight and had to laugh out loud, because so many people were going into withdrawal because they finished the series. I have to admit that I have followed suit to an extent. I am not a happy camper that I will no longer be reading about the romance between Edward and Bella, nor be caught up in the incredible fantasy world of vampires. So, what did I do? I researched series similar to this one and found the Carpathian Series written by Christine Feehan. As the reviews were wonderful, I ordered the first book of a nineteen book series called The Dark Prince, after reading this at Amazon:

"From AudioFileEnter Feehan's world of the paranormal, where Carpathians fight vampires and telepaths communicate with both. Raven Whitney, a telepathic hunter of serial killers, travels to the Carpathian Mountains for a little rest, hears telepathically Mikhail Dubrinsky's cries of loneliness and answers, only to find she is his life mate. Dubrinsky, Prince of the Carpathians, enchants Raven, while fending off a group of vampire killers who are attacking Carpathians. Juanita Parker performs Feehan's tale with wonder in her voice and passion at just the right parts. It is laced with the enchantment Feehan brings to all her paranormal tales. Beware, the Dark Prince will enthrall you."

So, now Book one is on its way from Amazon UK. I ordered the paperback, not the audio, but I can't wait for it to come. In the meantime, I will do a quick read of The Forgotten Garden By Kate Morton, and I should have it finished before The Dark Prince arrives next week.

Returning to world of sewing, I had a lovely time at my quilting bee yesterday. I got another hexagon flower done, and the ladies there declared that I must be a woman of great patience to be sewing the flowers all by hand. I just laughed and said that I was enjoying it. The looks were priceless. Imagine if I told them that I just finished a vampire/romance series...I thought it better left unsaid, and to top it off, I was starting another one.LOL

I also joined a Yahoo Group called Learningfa, which provides free fibre arts courses online. I enrolled in the Southwestern Wall Hanging Course and will also join the next class in thread painting. What a great idea for a group!

8 comments:

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh....I want to do some of those
hexagons flowers too!!!....yours you
have showing there is great!!

Cattinka said...

You really read the twilight series fast. I love your hexagon flower, how many more do you need?
KATRIN W.

Marie said...

Hi Girlfriend,Love the hexagons, I think the handwork is so relaxing and such a lost art. Have a beautiful weekend and enjoyed your new series. Hugs, Marie

FeatherDuster said...

How many flowers do you have completed now?

Did you ever get your dishcloth made?

Kath said...

I think you and I have Hexagonitus, Micki!I shall be taking some down to the caravan to do next weekend. let me know what you think of your new reading material. Kath x

Anonymous said...

Those books wern't on our library list so I guess I'll have no choice but buy them.. hopefully they will have them on CD

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

-smile- And in seemingly no time at all, you'll get the urge to re-read the 'Twilight Saga.'

Which I'm enjoying doing now.

Because, perhaps you'll notice things, the second time around... too.

But then, I never got into another vampire series, after finishing 'Twilight'. And this new one, sounds very different from the 'Twilight'premise. Which {silly me} would probably bother me.

I know, I'll probably miss much, by being saddled with this feeling. But I'll be waiting to hear how you are enjoying it, though.

'Aunt Amelia'

Maggi said...

Like Feather Duster I was also wondering how many hexagons you have done now. How do you manage to get so much done and read so much as well?