Then I sewed a surprise gift for Serena's impending baby boy. I can't mention what it is, but I hope that she will like it. Nothing else said....LOL Serena knows that I am sending the baby something, but of course, I will say no more. I will post it later on my blog when I know she got it. I really enjoyed making that gift so much!
Then, I received a wonderful parcel in the mail from my Angel, and it was a drop dead gorgeous pincushion that can also be used for a door hanger. The stitchery was incredible!Well, as you can see, it is so pretty!!! The card was so lovely too!I can't wait to find out who she is....that will be so much fun, and I will enjoy getting to know her.
That was my day...Hope your day was a good one too!
18 comments:
Meena.
I'm sure Barbara will find some special people for your pillowcases in American Samoa. Very nice of you to make some for her. I shipped a box of stuff to her today, and with luck will hopefully have another one ready for her next week.
While various groups have arrived in American Samoa it is nice to hear real updates from someone local, and to be able to help thru such hands on efforts.
Thanks for all you do and sharing your insights! You are a jewel too!
SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
Oh that is a really cute gift from your angel. hugs xxx
Hi Micki! Just paid a visit to Willow, and liked her post about candle making!.. So then I swung BACK over YOUR way to say "Hello"! Love the beautiful pincushion you received! That IS a wonderful surprise! ~tina
Congrats for being a part of the helping! your heart is so good!
your little cushion is adorable, the Angel did a beautiful job on it...
now, I'm off to visit Barb's blog!
Barb will be thrilled with your pillowcases, as they will be very usable for many uses. You are so sweet to do this.
Angel blessings are showered upon you.
Have a warm snuggly eve. TTFN ~Marydon
You had a lovely day.
Sounds like you had a beautiful and productive day. Isn't it wonderful how everyone is helping Barb and the people where she lives. I love quilters.
OH what a nice thought for you to make the pillow case. Your so thoughtful and loving. Have a wonderful evening.
Blessings,
Heidi
It certainly sounds like you have had a perfect day-any day spent creating for others is perfect to me.(unless your machine breaks down like mine did yesterday!) lol
Your gifts are so lovely. My Mama always told me , "pretty is as pretty does" and I believe your "pretty " is showing.
hugs. Linda
The pincusion is lovely!!! Glad your angel is treating you as good as you treated me. :)
dawn
Thanks for the link to Barb's blog. Her stories of the tsunami are sad -- but inspiring to see the people come together to help each other.
Can't wait to see the baby gift you sent.
Thanks for the latest update on Samoa. Our hearts and prayers are with all of you ANGELS who donate time and talents for a needed cause.
What a great day! I love the pin cushion!
Micki, Earlier I found Barbara's blog and read it and felt sad. She is an amazing person. You seem to be as well. Thanks for sharing, Stephanie
Such a lovely pincushion. A wonderful angel!
What a nice pincushion. Have you sent your stitchers angels gift already? I´m still working on mine.
KATRIN W.
You certainly been busy well done & lovely gifts
Hugs Janice
Barb is a really nice person and so are you to be reaching out......
Post a Comment