Sunday, October 18, 2009

Magical Disney Sunday Continues with "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves"

"Show White and the Seven Dwarves" was such an enchanting story, and I said to myself today, "This has got to be the one that I post about next."











"Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" is about a beautiful, sweet girl named Snow White whose stepmother, the Queen is quite jealous of her because of her extroardinary beauty. I would imagine that stepmothers were given a bad name because of this animated feature film, but the endearing characters of Snow White and the adorable 7 dwarves outweighs this one negative aspect.Who can resist these characters? Of course, when she falls under the Queen's wicked spell, only true love's kiss can save her.

Snow White has always been my favorite princess from way back when I started watching Disney movies. She always saw the good in people, and she was quite the dreamer, and her trusting nature charmed almost everyone even Grumpy. As a child, I loved the dwarves and my two favorites were Dopey and Grumpy. There are actually personality types based on the dwarves, and you can see that here and determine which one you are like by taking the personality test, which you can find in the left hand column. I landed up being "Happy". I would love to know what you turned out to be. Anyways, I did love Dopey.Dopey is portrayed as a "half wit", but within him is a heart of gold. When Snow White speaks a kind word to him, his smile softens the heart of the bitterest human. Dopey is the one who gets the final embrace from the princess when at the end of the story, she is taken away by the prince to everlasting happiness. Perhaps the movie, brought a bit of an understanding of such a timid soul as one sees in Dopey. I guess that is one reason, I also got my certification in Special Education. The first time a child with Down Syndrome smiled at me and hugged me was unforgettable!

Now as far as Grumpy is concerned, he made me laugh. I loved his annoyed, mild sneer and the funny raised eyebrows, but really I don't think that he had any problem saying, "no" to anyone, which is sometimes hard for some to do like myself....LOL As a child, I was the Bashful personality for sure. Today, I am probably still a bit like Bashful, but most like Happy. Well, I had to love all of the dwarves...Here they are singing
Snow White is the embodiment of girlish sweetness and kindness, which was exemplified by her love for the birds and the small animals, and as I am an animal lover, I truly did love that about her. She finds the dwarve's house while in the company of her animal friends, and you can see that delightful scene here. She can find happiness even in the worst chores like cleaning, as she sings "Whistle While You Work." I do have to admit that I sing every morning while I make our breakfast, and Joe comments and asks me what is wrong if I don't.

Snow White dreams of finding her true love in the song "Some Day My Prince Will Come" and who better to sing it than Barbra Streisand. Of course, there is a happy ending, as there always is in Disney Movies, and the prince comes and wakes Snow White up with his kiss.
How romantic is that!! It is a story of innocence, of love and romance. Here is that final scene where Snow White says goodbye to the dwarves, and they "lived happily ever after." Who says that dreams don't come true? I found my prince and landed up in Ireland.


































9 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

What a great post Micki...Snow White was and still is one of my favourites...Have a great afternoon...Dzintra♥x
PS Look forward to your Christmas giveaway!!!

Carlie said...

I took the test and was a Happy also! Enjoyed your take on Snow White. I love fairytales and am writing some with my granddaughters as the main characters!!

Abatevintage said...

Micki I love Snow White what a great post and the pictures are so great. I added your name to the list, sorry hun I didn't know I woke up late today. Its on there. Thank you so much for joining me. I hope your Sunday goes well.

Blessings,
Heidi

Nancy M. said...

What a great movie! I haven't seen it in years! I love that song "Someday My Prince Will Come"!

Beansieleigh said...

This is a great post, Micki! I really enjoyed it! I don't know who my favorite dwarf would be.. I think Dopey is just adorable!.. and I love Grumpy because really he's just a big softy! I have a porcelain Snow White doll that I totally FORGOT to even add to my own post!.. so I'll just show that another time, I guess! (0; I would LOVE to pick this DVD up soon, before they take it off the shelves!.. We'll see! Happy Magical Disney Sunday, and hope you're enjoying a wonderful weekend! ~tina

Miriam said...

I had a well read Snow White story book as a child. I love the ending! I think I have always been a romantic!!

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful post Micki. I always loved 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarves' Thank you :>)

Searchfamilies said...

Snow White is my favourite it don't matter if your 7 or 70 you can still enjoy it
Hugs Janice

Ivory Spring said...

What a great Snow White post - thanks! :)