Monday, February 2, 2009

February Star: Dzintra


I am lucky to have formed a friendship with Dzintra, and she is my February Star. She is really inspirational, and such a nice person. She loves walking on the beach as much as I do, and when I see her pics of the sea and the beach, it always reminds me of Killahoey Beach.
Here are her interview questions, and have fun getting to know her better:


Interview for February

1 A Bit About Me: I am a Mum to 3 wonderful children, Nanna to a Grandson and Grand-daughter and soon to be Great Aunt. I am doing an 18th month Cookery Course to be completed mid-year. We have a daughter with an intellectual disability who teaches us much about life and what really matters...you could say we see things as they are...and we also have the privelege of being able to see things through her eyes (so to speak)!!!

2 What Inspires Me:
A salty blue day would come pretty much up the top of the list...getting up in the morning to lovely sunshine, warmth and the smell of the salt in the air.

3 What I Love to Do the Most Creatively:
I love to look through inspiring cook books, plan a meal, set the table with flowers, candles, music...set the scene for the occasion
4 My Favorite Fabric and Designer:
My favourite fabric would have to be luxurious velvet...and designer would be Anni Downs from Hatched and Patched
5 UFO I Intend to Finish First:
A little cross-stitched needlecase that my Son brought home from Scotland
6 What’s on the Design Wall Now:
Faerie Quilt with squares needing to be attached
7 Who Would I Love to Meet:
My new blogging friend Simone
8 If I Had One Wish:
To be fit and healthy into our old age so that we could give the best possible care for our daughter
9 Plans for the Future:
mmmm...would love to have a weekend a year's break with my Husband, knowing our daughter is cared for and happy...(is asking for a week too much!!)

You can also visit her wonderful blog at : http://dzintrastitcheries.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Marie said...

Hi Micki, Seems to me you have made a wonderful friend. I love your post cards too. Hope you and hubby are doing great. I sure hope in my next few years to come back to Ireland, you make me so happy posting of that wonderful country. Many hugs,
Marie

Simone de Klerk said...

Dzintra is a wonderful person! I am so glad I met her. She makes me happy and smile every day.
And what a great idea of you, to interview a friend of yours each month. A nice way to get to know others, what they do, how they stand in life etc. I look forward to your next friend!
Have a happy week.

Kath said...

I'm so glad I met Dzintra, through you,Micki. She is full of love and it really shines through. Kath X