Saturday, February 21, 2009

My Anniversary and Thoughts of Wuthering Heights

















When I met Joe 12 years ago, and we were literally 3000 miles apart....we of course were writing each other by email initially.....I have been thinking back on how we met and got together, and it was so magical. We are soulmates, and we can't imagine life without each other. My favorite movie of all times was "Wuthering Heights", and it so reminds me of our love for each other. I am thinking of all of this, as our anniversary is on March 14th. Both of us are planning and plotting what we will get the other one. I know that the most important thing that Joe has given me, which can't be bought by money, is "love", and that our love is timeless and everlasting. I thought I would share a few pics of Wuthering Heights. I think that the line that I will remember most from that movie was when Heathcliffe said,"What do they know of heaven or hell Cathy, who know nothing of life?" I don't have to be reminded to know that life without Joe would be meaningless indeed and that death only means that we would be together for eternity. My favorite pics of the movie are the ones that I have included. When Joe and I walk through the hills of Donegal or we are alone on the beach, it reminds me of Heathcliffe and Cathy in the moors...with the wind in their faces, holding hands, and only seeing each other. I have included my favorite pics of us together ...We don't have too many pics of each other, as we don't see anyone around where we usually walk, but when we do, we occasionally ask them to take a pic of us. It is always nice to think of Joe, so I thought I would share my thoughts with you.

PS: I should have included that our song is "For the First Time"...sung by Rod Stewart. You can hear it, as it is in my playlist. Joe played it for me on the phone after we had written thousands of letters to each other. That was the first time I heard his voice on New Year's Eve. Then he came to Philadelphia and we met. At the end of that month, he asked me to marry him. That's the story in a nutshell, as they say.



7 comments:

Maggi said...

What a lovely post Micki. You are so lucky to have each other. Finding your soulmate is wonderful and something to be treasured. May you have many years to build your memories together. Love Maggi

Four Smiles said...

This is a really beautiful post Micki - you certainly are very lucky to have found your soulmate - I also consider myself to be extremely fortunate and treasure each day with my DH. I love the photos and your thoughts on Wuthering Heights, truly a favourite for many of us romantics :-) All the best for your upcoming anniversary.
Cheers Erica

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Wishing you both a beautiful anniversary Micki...this post is so romantic...Love to you, Dzintra XX

Wilma said...

Micki, That is such a touching story. I have often wondered how you and Joe met, so far apart, and alway so close together, you can tell by looking at the both of you together, that you are soul mates.

Wilma

ceecee said...

A very Happy Anniversary to you both!
Wuthering Heights may just about be my favorite book! I read it every year - every February - and have done so since a teen-ager. My favorite line - "...Nellie, I AM Heathcliff!" Sooo romantic!
All the best Micki,
Catherine

Kath said...

You make a lovely couple, you are made for each other. I'm sure you will go on to live long happy lives together, enjoying your wonderful relationship. I'm sure you must be the envy of many! love from the other Kathy

Pat from Florida said...

Micki,

This is so sweet. Your love for Joe comes through in everything you do. You are so blessed to have each other.