Sunday, February 15, 2009

Hexagon Block 2 and The Wonderful Torvill and Dean


I finished my second hexagon block for the hexagon quilt that I will be making. I hand sewed it while I was watching "The Story of Bolero With Torvill and Dean" on tv. What a nice evening I had, as I am throughly enjoying making hexagons, and absolutely love Torvill and Dean.I have included a pic of them dancing on ice to "Bolero", and that performance was magical! they received the Olympic

Gold Medal and the perfect score of six from each judge. You can see the performance here at the following link:
I now have 40 blocks to go...no big deal. I will have a light blue connecting row for all of the blocks, so all in all, I will come close to 2500 individual hexagons that I will make.

11 comments:

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Micki,
This one is even prettier than the first one if that's possible. I love the colors your are chosing for these blocks.

Anonymous said...

I do like the colour `s you are using for your hexagons,
Its been good watching the dancing on ice,

Take care
Tracey

Anonymous said...

Pretty!!!
How many of those tiny blocks does it take to make a full sized quilt?

Simone de Klerk said...

Somehow your hexagons sound like a never ending story, that is, to me. It looks very pretty !

a good yarn said...

It's such a delightful technique. I think everyone should try it at least once. Torvill and Dean were fabulous!

Happy Stitching...Ann :)

Anne Marie said...

I love the colors!!! A woman told me that she became so addicted to make hexagons, she thought it was crazy to sit and hand sew all these tiny shapes!!! Within in no time she was completely and utterly addicted!!! Have Fun...

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

What a lovely way to do the hexagon block Micki...while watching the fabulous Torvill and Dean...Dzintra XX

Marie said...

Hi Micki, YOur hexagons are so pretty and cheerful too. We love watching Dancing on Ice, our granddaughter is an ice skater and what inspiration for her to see. Hugs to you and Joe, Marie

Browndirtcottage said...

Hey, you there in Ireland....just
came over to see what you've been up to....I would like to do some
hexs too....I'm busy trying to meet
my swap project deadline, so maybe
after that....carry on with all your quilty goodness Micki!!

Vicki H. said...

I love hexagon quilts, I have never tried one. I am doing yo-yo's right now and love the hand work.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the link to Torville and Dean, wonderful.