Saturday, February 7, 2009



Yes, there was snow in Ireland. I couldn't believe it when I woke up and saw it. It really created a magical scene here in Dunfanaghy. We were off to Letterkenny that morning, and the bus driver, who usually drives quickly was steering the bus very cautiously. The roads were pretty hazardous, and Dunfanaghy made the news because of our road conditions. Many of the schools closed, and I am sure that the kids enjoyed that. I have to admit that I enjoyed our drive into the city, as the scenery was incredible. As you can see by the pic, Dunfanaghy was lovely with the snow covering Horn Head. Now, why couldn't it have snowed during Christmas? I am still looking forward to spring though, so I can be reminded of what the sun looks like.LOL




8 comments:

Pam said...

That certainly does look lovely with the snow on the hills. The weather is definitely wild the world over! I am glad it has stopped snowing here!

Quilter Going Bananas said...

When's the last time it snowed in your part of Ireland? Glad you took a pic to show us! Hills and mountains with snow and driving do not mix, I'm glad I live in the prairies, driving in snowy conditions is a lot easier!

Anne Marie said...

Snow in Ireland is such an adventure!! Because it is so rare, the sights are truly magical!!!

a good yarn said...

My sister is in London and she had her first snow since moving there 12 years ago. It does look very pretty.

Cheers...Ann :)

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Wow! You have snow. How cool.
I don't think we will get any this year. Love the new look of your blog.
P.S. I ended up buying the Tour Ireland by Pat Sloan book and just love it.
Take care and stay warm.
Phyllis

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Micki...great shot...only this afternoon we re-visited Dunfanaghy in the Atlas and had a look where you were. Snow makes everything look magical!!! Dzintra XX

Simone de Klerk said...

What a lovely sceenery! You live in a beautiful country. Yes, I'm looking forward to spring too. This winter has been pretty cold for us and I really enjoyed all the snow we got (O: Have a lovely Sunday!

Maggi said...

Glad you are enjoying your snow.