Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hexagon Flower #3


Here is the third flower that I completed for the hexagon quilt. Tonight, I cut out the hexagons for the next one, and will do number 4 at the quilting bee tomorrow night. I really have to say that I love making hexagons, especially large flowers like this. It is the perfect thing to do when you are watching tv at night. I can't say enough about it. It is just such fun! I have made a diagram of the planned quilt on hexagon graph paper. I will need to order some half hexagons when I have all the flowers connected, so I can finish off the edges with them and then add the borders to finish off the top. I can't recommend this enough, but definitely would say that using jelly rolls has made the process so much easier for me.

Off to cut out the the hexagons for the next one.

6 comments:

a good yarn said...

This one is such a lovely combination Micki. It will be such a pretty quilt.

Happy Stitching...Ann :)

Anonymous said...

Greetings Micki
Very nice blog of yours. Your hexagon flowers are so pretty. Still it looks terrifyingly difficult to me (I am a beginner in this field of Quilt making)
Gina – (UK/BR)

http://gina-catswhiskers.blogspot.com/

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Another pretty Hexagon Flower. I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.
Your Geisha girl is exquisite

Anonymous said...

Are you doing them by hand? I love hand work but anymore my hands won't let me do much of it..
that is sure going to be one pretty quilt.

Cattinka said...

already another one finished? You will be finished soon, if you keep going at this rate!
KATRIN

Anonymous said...

Its true Micki, they are easy to pick up and do just about anywhere, and very quick,
There coming along nicely

Take care