The Sheephaven Guild met at one of our local church halls to have a quilting day from 11-4PM. We had lunch, and spent a lovely day finishing any UFOS that we had. I took my Thimbleberry project with me, which was the Woodland Centre Block. I had my 1953 Singer Featherweight with me, and even with all of the chit chat, I finished the block. Now, mind you, it took, me hours to do it, so you can well imagine how much talking was going on. It was a wonderful time of sharing our work and just being with friends. I now only have one section to do, and then I put the top together, so tomorrow, I will be busy with that. It was a great day with the gals at the guild, and all of us got lots accomplished, but most of all, it was a day of sheer fun.
PS: There is a great giveaway at Lola's And Sew on, which can be found at http://ansewon.blogspot.com/2009/02/giveaway.html . I entered that one, so while there is still time to enter, do so. I am sure that you will love the prize.
11 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful day for you Micki! That block looks quite intricate. I love the fact you took your Featherweight too. I'd love to own one, one day...
Hey Girlfriend, I love thimbleberries anything. That block is really nice,I didn't get to comment about your previous post because it made me cry with happiness, Your so lucky and happy in LOVE, beautiful story. Your a lucky gal to be living yor story in that BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY! Hugs and Love, Marie
I really like your choice of fabrics in this piece. The birds and the colors are going to be stunning..
Love,
Maggey
That block is totally gorgeous!!!
Okay, dumb question.. if you're in Ireland then does your friends speak english?
Told ya it was a dumb question :)
After your lazy day you have been busy again. The center block looks very nice. I can´t wait to see the finished top!
KATRIN W.
It's a lovely way to spend an afternoon with friends and at the end come out with such a beautiful work. Fantastic. Good memories.
Your fabric choice is amazing.
So pretty... I love spending time with friends quilting. I don't get to do it often. I need to join a group I think. I loved your post about your anniversay coming up. How romantic.
Micki.
Thanks for visiting my blog and putting a shout out on yours!
Lovely block you have there I too adore Thimbleberries!! Also read the previous post...oh so 'romantical'...congrats on finding yout true love ;-) I would love to visit your part of the world one day!
Lola
Love the name of your guild and the block looks fantastic. The bird fabric works so well. Love Maggi
Lovely block-intricate pattern and beautiful fabrics-so lovely.
Glad you liked my b&w log cabin.
Loved your romantic story-my husband and I also lived 3000 miles apart when we met...I told my sister 3 days after we met that we'd get married :) Its 31 years and counting!
That's an amazing block. I'm glad you had such a nice day with your sewing chums.
Happy Stitching...Ann :)
Post a Comment