Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Finishing Little Women and One More Geisha Block

It is raining here in Dunfanaghy, but we have not been out for our long walk yet. I hope that it stops before we have to do that.Early in the morning, I finished my hexagon block. I then watched the rest of the movie "Little Women" as I was doing another geisha quilt. Needless to say when Beth died, I shed some tears, even though I have seen that scene countless times. I have the hankering to buy the book and read it again.

The colours required for this geisha block were a lovely red, green and black, so it turned out very vibrant. The stitching time has averaged around 46 minutes, but the preparation time is what takes a while. If you are a machine embroiderer, you know what I mean.I will have to clean the machine tomorrow before I continue to machine embroider the blocks, but I will have to do my work in the afternoon, as Joe and I are spending the morning in Letterkenny. We are waiting for the postman to come with our mail, and then we will head out for our walk.

Tonight, I have a quilting bee at Pauline's Quilt Shop from 7-10 PM while Joe is at home watching tv.

8 comments:

Kath said...

Can't wait to see your geisha quilt when it is finished! love Kath

Cattinka said...

Very nice hexagon flower. Already the 4th one? You are so quick at it.
KATRIN W.

Anonymous said...

I love those colors.. I think she's my favorite Gisha girl.. so pretty.
Enjoy your walk and stay dry.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I'm like Kath Micki...waiting now to see this quilt finished. Hope you had a lovely time tonight...Dzintra

a good yarn said...

I can remember I was on the bus to school when I read the part where Beth dies and was a gibbering mess the whole way! Your blocks are just lovely. Hope you had a rain free walk.

Happy Stitching...Ann :)

Pam said...

I am just doing a bit of catching up on my blog reading. The Geisha blocks are beautiful. It will be exciting to see all the blocks together in a quilt.

That was a lovely post about you and Joe. It is so nice to have been able to meet your soulmate. And you certainly are lucky to have such a lovely place to walk together.

Simone de Klerk said...

Wow, you have been very busy, Micki! Lovely hexagon block (do you call thes blocks?) and your Geisha's are all beautiful. How big are they?

Dionne said...

Your hex flower is looking nice. I love your geisha quilt! I can't wait to see the finished product!
Cheers,
Dionne