Friday, February 20, 2009

A Lazy Day and Another Hexagon


I had one of those lazy, lazy days. I went back to bed after breakfast and slept an additional two hours. In the early afternoon,I read a Patchwork and Quilting Magazine that came today, and there were great ideas that I wanted to try out, but not today.I loved reading that magazine with my cup of coffee, as I sat in the most comfortable leather lounge chair that you can imagine, while Joe was taking an afternoon nap. I mustered the strength to then finish another hexagon, and just didn't want to do anything else, except play Ico on my Playstation 2. I will get back to my other projects tomorrow. Gee, I just won a Creativ Blogger Award, and look what I did today! Well, we all have our lazy days. As to why I felt this way today.... I think it was because my dog Rufus kept us up last night till some ungodly hour, so I blame this all on him.LOL Lately, Rufus has enjoyed keeping us up, and he chews his nails, licks his paws, and then comes up to our bed making slurping noises....all to get our attention and keep us up. He finally decided to go to sleep, but in the meantime, we had become totally unsettled with it all, even Charlie who growled at Rufus when he tried to wake him up. Well, I still managed to get all the hexagons cut out for my next flower.Tomorrow, I will make another geisha block, sew a siggy that I owe someone, and also work on my Thimbleberry quilt. I have to admit in all honesty that I enjoyed being a bit lazy and just lounging around.

4 comments:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Hey Micki, you're allowed to have a lazy day once in a while you know! Glad you enjoyed it :^)

Anonymous said...

We all need those lazy days.. it's good for the body.
Have a great weekend.

a good yarn said...

Nothing wrong with having a layabout day - recharges the batteries and it's good for the soul.

Happy Stitching...Ann :)

Four Smiles said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a relaxing day Micki! Love the hexagon, it looks great. I sure do hope that rufus settles down for you so that you can get a good night's sleep.

Cheers Erica