Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Thimbleberry 2008 Quilt in Progress and Yummy Fabric Purchased











I am determined to finish the Thimbleberry Quilt for 2008. Here we are in 2009, and it is not finished. These are the parts that I have done so far. Today, I did the Bears Paw Block, and I have three to go, and one of them is an appliqued block. which I adore doing. It really is very dramatic! Normally, Thimbleberry projects tend to be colorless, but they have been providing brighter alternatives, so that is why I chose this one.

Tonight is a quilting bee at Pauline's Quilt Shop in town. I am only a 5 minutes walk to the shop...boy am I lucky with that! The bee will be from 7-10, so it should be great fun. I am taking the next Thimbleberry block to cut out, and also a heart runner which I am making .I am slowly but surely getting rid of those dreaded UFOS.


I also ordered wonderful material for the borders of my geisha quilt. Both are Japanese fabrics that I got from Shibori Dragon which you can see at http://www.shiboridragon.com/ I am now machine stitching my geisha blocks and will also add some pagodas and flowers. I was thrilled with the material that I got from Shibori Dragon, and I can't wait to see the quilt on our bed!

12 comments:

Marie said...

Hey girlfriend, have a great night at your quilt shop. Love thimbleberries your doing beautiful pieces. Hugs, Marie

Browndirtcottage said...

oouuu...love the new fabrics.....yes, it is GREAT to finish up UFO's..I have several myself I am working on....sounds like a wonderful group to meet with, especially the walk there!

Dionne said...

What fabulous fabrics!

quiltmom anna said...

Very pretty fabrics Micki,
It is the great fabrics that can often motivate one to keep making quilts- sometimes when I get discouraged with a project I get out some great fabrics to get me going again..
Hope you had a nice evening at your local quilt shop. It is always fun to get together with other quilters.
Hugs,
Anna

Lady of the Cloth said...

Every time I visit your blog, I wonder how you came to live in Ireland (this is my dream too as my grandma was born there). I like the bear paw quilt.

a good yarn said...

5 mins from the fabric shop? It's not fair! Micki the diversity of the projects you make is simply amazing. Everytime I visit your blog I find you making some terrific project. I like the fabrics you have chosen too.

Happy Stitching...Ann :)

Anonymous said...

Great job.. beautiful fabric's and you're so lucky to live close to the quilt shop.
Enjoy your evening.

Kath said...

Hey Micki, love your new pink look Blog!Have a great evening love Kath

RG said...

Hi Micki and good morning from hot Sydney.
Just a little note from me...
I wanted to thank you so much for your lovely comment whilst making Tim's quilt. I hope you do try slashing! :D ...it adds something else

Thanks for stopping by.
Have a great day today and again, thanks so much!
Oh and I love that pretty butterfly fabric! Gorgeous!!!
Quilty hugs,
Robyn xx

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Very pretty Micki...and a shop within 5 mintutes walk, how lucky are you!!! Have a great evening...Love Dzintra XX

Simone de Klerk said...

I love your blocks and the fabrics are very pretty. Good luck with finishing your Thimberly quilt!

Anne Marie said...

Hi Micki! You are not alone, I have not finished my Thimbleberrie Quilt either, in fact I haven't even cut it out yet!!! Oh the shame, the shame!!! Have fun finishing it, hopefully I will be right behind you...