Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Little Women and Another Geisha Block


I spent a lovely morning watching for the umpteenth time "Little Women" and doing my machine embroidery for the next geisha block. I love the music in the movie, but I think that I know all of the lines as well. Joe asked me how I can watch the movie so many times, and I said, "Very easily, indeed." Well, I had to work on the design in Embird, chose the appropriate Madeira threads to use, and then wound the bobbins that I needed. I needed black the most, and I will have to order at least 4 more black threads from Barnyarns, as every block utilizes that colour. The time just flew by. I didn't finish the movie, but I will tomorrow when I do the next geisha block. I was up to the point in the movie where Amy and Laurie start to have feelings for each other, and Jo was in New York where she was falling for Professor Bear. The sad part where Beth gets really ill is coming up, but all that will have to wait till tomorrow. The rest of the day, I will be taking a long walk with Joe through the hills that bypass the Famine Graveyard, and then I will finish my hexagon flower that I started yesterday.
Finally, Mother Superior's Blog at http://superiorthreads.blogspot.com/ is having a giveaway...you can win a 100 dollar gift certificate.It's Bob's birthday, and he is feeling generous. What fun!

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Carol said...

I'm enjoying seeing your ladies appear. Lovely colors and designs.

Marie said...

Hi Girlfriend, Your Geisha's will be a beautiful quilt.we are somewhat under the weather hopefully in a few we will be bak at the machines.Have a lovely walk. Hugs, Marie

Anonymous said...

I love that movie too.. I've read the book and watched the movie more times then I can count..
I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Maggi said...

Another lovely lady. The Famine Graveyard sounds very poignant. Is it from the 1845 -52 famine or the 1740 - 41 one - both tragic events?