Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Geisha Blocks Continue and Classic Movies



I am getting into the routine of doing my machine embroidery in the morning in the bedroom while I watch a classic movie. I did another geisha block and had the movie "Rebecca" on with Laurence Olivier and Joan Fontaine. I decided that I will see all my favorite classics again while I am working. The next two movies that I will watch are "Jane Eyre" and "Wuthering Heights." I finished seeing "Little Women" when I did block one, so this has turned into a fun journey of creativity and entertainment all rolled up into one.

Joe and I just finished lunch, and we are waiting for the mail so we can go on our long walk. I think we will head out to the beach again, as it is sunny, and that doesn't happen too often here in Donegal County. Then I am getting an other set of hexagon blocks ready to do at the quilting bee tonight in Pauline's Quilt Shop from 7-10PM. I got into the habit of doing my hexagons in the evening, so I will only need a small bag to carry the supplies. This afternoon before the bee, I will complete two siggy blocks that I need to mail, and get the 10 hearts that I made for a heart swap ready to be mailed to Cindy from The Friendship Group. It is not due till March 31st, but I want to be ahead of the game.

Tomorrow, we head out to Letterkenny, so we will be gone most of the morning. I will have to do my machine embroidery in the afternoon.


7 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

I just love those classic movies you are watching! I remember I found Rebecca quite scary but that was a long time ago ...

Anonymous said...

I love old movies too..
I have a TV in my sewing room and I either watch it or put my head phones on and listen to books on CD.. it makes sewing/knitting more fun.

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Oh Micki I just love your Geisha Blocks. This will be a work of art when you are finished.
I love the movie Rebecca. I have not seen the Lawrence Oliver version. I saw the PBS Version with Diana Rigg and Charles Dance.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

A lovely way to spend the morning Micki...I only wish I could do that now!!!

quiltmom anna said...

MIcki,
It sounds like you are having lots of fun with the embroider and the hexagons-
What a productive way to watch old movies. I enjoy watching them too- a friend of mine introduced me to them a few years ago- She was a great fan of Spencer Tracy/ Katherine Hepburn movies as well as The Thin Man Detective Series with William Powell and Myrna Loy.
We had such fun watching them together. I lost my friend to ovarian Cancer a couple of years ago but when I think of old movies - I think of her and how much we laughed together- It is such a nice memory to have of her.
The Geisha blocks are coming along nicely too.
I hope you have a nice trip to LetterKenny..
Hope all is well,
Regards,
Anna

Maggi said...

Your Geisha blocks are so lovely. I don't know how you have the patience for hexagons - are they done the old fashioned way over papers? The beautiful postcard and bookmark arrived this morning. Thank you so much. There is a little somehting for you over on my blog. Take care. Maggi xx

Marie said...

I am totally in love with your Geisha Blocks, it willl be a masterpiece and your heaxagons too. Hope your little morning adventure wil be nice this morning.
Many hugs, Marie