Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Two Siggies and Another Geisha Block For My Oriental Qult









I received two wonderful siggies today. Once is from Katrin who is from Germany, and she and I are forming a lovely friendship. Her centre is lovely, as she embroidered a lovely heart, which reminds me of a Celtic design. Then I received a siggy of Renate, also from Germany, who put a cube in her block centre. It is very similar to a cube that I did for my Sylvia Bridal Sampler. I love the colours and the fabrics used in the siggies. Thanks to you both!




I also made another geisha block for my geisha quilt, and I used the Janome 35oE to complete the machine embroidery. I love the Madeira thread colours that are required for each design...very subtle colours, but beautiful in its simplicity.There is some yellow in the sashing, but that did not take for some reason with the flash of the camera. Also, all the backgrounds for the blocks are a pale pink fairy frost, and goodness, this looks like pale violet. Well, you get the idea.LOL I am finding that when I use the Madeira Stable ironed onto the back of the block, and the Madeira Tearaway, it stitches really nice.

I am also in the process of finishing another Hexagon flower and will post a pic tonight, if I finish it. That is always a joy to do. I am taking to it like a duck to water.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Oh Micki, I love the Geisha girl, so neat in the emb. work.When you write to me tell me about the sig. squares, is it a club or what so neat to have the remembrance. We are fine, I owe you a letter. Hugs, Marie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work..
It's been warming up a bit so I'm thinking I just might be able to spend more then a few minutes in my sewing room without freezing to death.. I sure hope so because my fingers are itching to get back to my machines.

Cattinka said...

You are so right, we indeed share a beautiful friendship. I´m really glad I met you through the siggie swap, it is so nice to meet other people and if you are lucky you can even find a new friend.