I am thrilled that I made this block today. I am completing my Carnivale Wallhanging and this is the one that I made this morning. It is going to be a very intricate and colorful wallhanging...I can see that! If you notice, the spikes have double colours, as the centre spikes only had one colour. All the rest of the blocks are like this pattern, but of course I will use different colours to coordinate with this block and the centre block. I am so happy that I could do the block after learning the techniques at the workshops. It has given me the confidence that I needed, and I wrote Deb right after I did the block and thanked her. Of course, I also sent her a pic of the block that I completed .
I am off to take a walk with Joe! This has been a lovely day so far!
PS: I won an award from Custom Blog Designs, which you can see at http://customblogdesigns.blogspot.com/ I won a choice of a blog button, a blog signature or a digital scrapbook page. I think that I am going for the blog button, as I thought that would be cute.
The way this day is going, maybe I should buy a lottery ticket.LOL
Finally, just to tell you...I got an email that says that The Fat Quarter Shop is having a wonderul 30-50 percent sale on Candy Kisses and Love is in the Air Fabrics. You can see the sale items at
http://www.fatquartershop.com/Love-is-in-the-Air-Moda-Fabrics-Deb-Strain.asp. I buy all of my jelly rolls there for my hexagon flowers, but love their fat quarters, fabrics in general, and of course all the Michael Miller fairy frost that they have.
10 comments:
Hey Micki, that is beautiful. I love the color combinations. You did well on completing the block. Well done...! Natima
Micki~
I have an award for you. Read about it here: http://customblogdesigns.blogspot.com/
Just email me!
Beautiful Micki...lovely colours!!! And all in a morning too !!!
You really did well on this one, its gorgeous.
KATRIN W.
Micki,
I love your color choices & would like to try this block sometime, too. Deb
Congratulations, Micki - looks stunning from what I can see clearly! You wouldn't believe the technology we live with here in Australia - oh, so slow!
Hugs - Lurline♥
That is going to be a very bright and pretty.. can't wait to see the finished quilt.
Enjoy your walk
OMG---that is so beautiful. You are amazingly talented. I am really impressed.
Wow, what a challenging block! Looks fabulous and I can't wait to see the finished wall hanging.
Happy Stitching...Ann :)
Another beauty!
Post a Comment