I made another geisha block this morning. It took longer than usual, as there are two women in the design. I really like it!
Joe and I are heading to the Workhouse, which is within walking distance of our cottage. It has been closed for the winter months, and today is officially the day that it opens for the spring, summer and the fall months. I am excited! You can see it at http://www.dunfanaghyworkhouse.ie/
There is a craft shop there, a lovely coffee shop, a Wee Hannah Exhibition which is on the Famine Period, and there are wonderful craft workshops that you can attend there. Sometimes the guild holds their quilt exhibitions upstairs in the Workhouse. As you can see by the pics on the site, it is a wonderful place. I also included a pic that Joe took a while back. In the Workhouse, they also have a wee library of books where you can buy the books for only 2 euro each. Many people when they finish reading their books bring them to the Workhouse, so that they can be bought by others. That is exactly what I have planned for today.
12 comments:
Oh, Micki - I have just been listening to Cockles and Mussels - you wouldn't believe this, I am the daughter of a musician and I learned that song over 60 years ago - my Darling Dad, an Aussie and I loved him so much! Posted your parcel today - hugs - Lurline♥
Just had a look at the Workhouse's website and wish I live nearler to enjoy it with you!!! The Geisha block is lovely Micki - Natima
The Workhouse looks like an awesome place to visit, wish I could've tagged along...
Okay.. guess I've been reading too many Regency Romances because LOL when you said heading to the workhouse I had visions of those places where women went when they had no one to support them and never thought I'd want to go to one but now I wish we had a workhouse like that, I'd be there every chance I could.
Enjoy your day
The Workhouse looks like a wonderful place and I particularly liked the image that goes with the origins of the New lake, Wind, Water and Sand. I presume from its name that it was originally a workhouse, if so it is good to see that a place which would have been so miserable is now bringing such joy. You are lucky to have such a facility nearby.
The Geisha block is lovely and I also like the earlier one with the mirror. Maggi
Micki, did I tell you that Lewis has a beatiful geisha tattooed around his side, next to the dragon. She has an exquisite face. I will see if he will let me put it on my Blog!
Have a great day, don't buy too many books! Kath x
I don't know how much 2 Euros is, but I take it, it's a very reasonable sum, for a book. Wonderful thing they are doing there, with this.
'Aunt Amelia'
What a nice walk! I hope your day is absolutely lovely!
Cheers,
Dionne
PS - I really like your latest Geisha block! I can't wait to see what you do with them all.
Now I'm waiting to see which books you end up buying Micki...thank you for the link, it looks great. And lucky you...all within walking distance...Dzintra♥
You continue to show me places I must see. I wish it would be this year, but alas, no travel that far yet!
Thanks for sharing. Carline
Hope you had a nice time at the Workhouse - it all sounds so interesting...Ann :)
That is a great geisha block Micki.....and wow....what a wonderful place to visit....the Workhouse would be great to have just down the road!!!
Post a Comment