I am posting the centre block of the Carnivale wallhanging so you can get an idea of what the spikes and curves are like. I didn't sew them together, as you are supposed to sew the blocks together in a certain sequence and then the rows together. I am so glad that I went to the workshops, as I learned how to make the spikes and curves, but also how to sequence the sewing of the blocks. Truthfully, I would have sewn the centre blocks together.LOL Also, I am including the blocks that I did for the other wallhanging. When I finish them both, they will be gorgeous. The patterns are so incredibly unique! If you want to get Deb Karasik's new book Quilting with Attitude, you can get it at her website store which is at http://store.quiltmavens.com/
I am happy to be home...I am a homebird at heart, I guess. I didn't like being in the hotel by myself, and talking to Joe on Skype was not cutting it for me. The dogs were upset, and I knew that Joe missed me as I watched his face on Skype.I guess that's the way it is with soulmates. I landed up leaving earlier with a friend named Harriet, but I was so happy to get the welcome that I did from everyone. I was thrilled to see Deb Karasik, and what I learned from the workshops was invaluable, as I never would have attemped her quilts without them. I always felt so intimidated when I looked in her two books, but now, I know that I can finish the wallhangings, and that is so nice!
8 comments:
Oh Micki those Canivale blocks are fantastic. I think they look too hard for me. The wall hanging will be so intricate. I also wanted to say the geisha quilt top is very pretty. I saw the hexagon papers at my local quilt shop and I may have to purchase them for the next hand project -when my yo-yo's are finished. Yep, I am a homebody too. When I go to retreat I am going with my Mom and friends, then I enjoy returning. Alone in a hotel kinda stinks.
Wow, very striking! Can't wait to see the completed wall hangings. Thanks for the link I checked out QuiltMaven's Store and think the Psychadelic Eyelashes pattern looks amazing! You can now make this type of quilt.
I prefer to be home than anywhere else too :-)
Yes, it's great to go. But it's so nice to be home again. Surrounded by what calms our soul.
But I'm so glad you took the wonderful opportunity, which this weekend offered.
And see, even though I turned Comments off, for this week, on my blog... Doesn't mean I'm not popping in elsewhere. Especially to someone like _you_, who was so nice as to have said she would miss me, this week.
Hugs,
'Aunt Amelia'
Those blocks are so gay and pretty, I love them. Don't shoot me, but I am thinking could you make some tiny ones for postcard exchanges? Oops, good job I ducked then.....
Aw Micki, admit it you missed him so much too! My dog mopes for days when we leave him even with family. They know when you are leaving them too.
Your quilting is so beyond what I do that it's inspiring for me!
We are having great spring weather in Canada and are in fact, off to the cottage for a week.
stay in touch.
By the way, your blog still shows up 2002 for me, so I must keep you on the main page of computer under Favorites...@#@$
Hi Micki,
I completely agree bout that home thing. It is such a comfort. Love those new blocks that are new but look very difficult? Your work is exquisite.. Love all of it. Rainy here but a nice spring.
Hugs,
Maggey
I'm very impressed by your Carnivale Blocks! Such brightness and such acuracy! And the hexagon block is very pretty too!
I love the hexagons..and they are relaxing to do arent they..hugs Khris
Post a Comment