Thursday, April 23, 2009

Off to the Quilt Retreat




Tomorrow morning at 7 AM, Kathleen is coming over and picking me up to go to The Dunadry Hotel/Country Club for the quilt retreat. It will take about two and a half hours to get from Dunfanaghy to Belfast. For those who missed it, you can see the Dunadry Hotel at http://www.dunadry.com/ I am all packed! I am taking my Mickey Mouse machine embroidered bag full of the clothes that I will wear, a larger black carry bag on wheels with the fabric and supplies, and my 1953 Singer 221 Featherweight, which I oiled throughly today. I am taking our camera with me, and I will be taking lots of pics which I will post on the blog on Sunday, which is when I am returning home...at approximately half two in the afternoon. I will check all the blog posts Monday morning early to see what everyone is up to.
Off to be with Joe! I have to admit that although I am excited about going, I would like to be back with Joe and the boys on Sunday!



Happy Sewing to everyone and a wonderful weekend!

13 comments:

Maggi said...

Ooh you are going to have such fun. What a beautiful machine too. You are lucky I have to lug a very heavy Bernina to workshops. Look forward to seeing what you got up to.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Have a great time! It sounds like loads of fun.

Marie said...

Hey Girlfriend, have a great time, looking forward to hearing all about the retreat!Hugs, Marie

andsewon said...

Waving bye and wishing you a wonderful sewing fun weekend!!!
My '55 Singer is just the tad bigger one. Sews like a dream!
Like you lil cutie one!!
Safe travels.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Have a great time Micki...enjoy it all, Dzintra ♥

Maggey and Jim said...

Hello,
Don't know if you will see this in time but learn lots and have fun
Hugs
Maggey

Pam said...

Have a wonderful retreat!! It looks like a great place to stay. Take lots of pictures - oh to go to a quilt retreat in Ireland - oh to dream :)))

Have fun!

Cattinka said...

I wish you will have a wonderful weekend at the quilt retreat, and I´m already curious to see what you will create on this creative weekend.
Have fun!
KATRIN W.

Nat Palaskas said...

Bye baby, have a great time at the retreat. Featherweight sewing machine, yeah I have got one too. See you in a few days - Natima

a good yarn said...

Have a marvellous time at retreat (which I'm sure you will) and we all look forward to reading about it.

Happy Stitching...Ann :)

Browndirtcottage said...

WooHoo...have fun!!!

Four Smiles said...

Have a wonderful time at the retreat Micki! It sounds like it is going to be a wonderful time away!

Cheers Erica

Lady of the Cloth said...

I will be with you in spirit, I sure wish I could fit in the Micky Mouse bag, I'd love to go to a retreat.
Your Oriental quilt is beautiful. I can't wait to see it all finished.
Carline