Sunday, April 5, 2009

Pay Forward


I have joined up to Pay It Forward from Khris' blog I saw it on my friend's blog at Sew Lind which is at http://sewlind.blogspot.com/ and then I also found Khris' blog. You see how friendships develop! What a great idea!
This concept is like the movie called Pay It Forward with Kevin Spacey and Haley Joel Osment in it. The 12 year old boy has a school assignment and he comes up with the PIF concept.
PIF is where acts of kindness are done without expecting anything in return, just passing it on, hoping that the recipients will do the same and pay it forward, like a never ending chain of kindness. How to proceed? I will make and send a handmade gift for the first 3 friends who post a comment to this post, requesting to join this exchange, and promising to pay it forward to 3 other persons, etc.... I don't know what my 3 gifts will be, but I can promise I will send them within the next 365 days. What YOU have to do in return then, is "Pay It Forward" by making the same announcement and promise on YOUR blog.

I love this idea, because first of all I have cherished all of the friends that I made through the various blogs that I have found, and second it is always wonderful to do an act of kindness and surprise someone that you like so much.

5 comments:

Kari Roberts said...

Hi Micki, What a wonderful idea! and as Spring is a time for new beginings I can't wait to take part. I would love to "Pay it forward" to three, I do not have a blog but would love to be chosen. Have a great day, your IFQ quilty friend Kari Roberts

Marie said...

Hey Girlfriend, your so wonderful to join in on all the fun things, Whoever you have for your three things will be really excited, your work is so beautiful. Hugs, Marie
PS
May I should think about doing that too!!

Nat Palaskas said...

Micki, I would like to pay PIF too please, but I have to wait until after Easter before I can post anything on my blog. Thanks - Natima

Sew Lind said...

Way to go Micki! Many thanks and have fun paying it forward :-)
Linda

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

This was one of my all time favorite movies. I wish more people thought the way that little boy in the movie did. This world would be a better world if they did.