Thursday, April 9, 2009

Surprise Deliveries in the Mail and Another Miniature Block

Joe and I went to Letterkenny to do our food shopping. When we came home, there were four large letters in our mailbox.

What a lovely surprise!








First, my dear friend Dzintra from Australia sent me a beautiful fat quarter. The fabric is beautiful, and I decided to use it for my siggies.

Second, I received heart blocks from wonderful friends in my Postcard Pizazz Group, and won't they make a lovely wall hanging! We all swapped hearts, and today, I got mine. Considering that I love pink and red and both match my decor in the living room, it is a perfect match for our room.

Then, I got a lovely siggy from Chris in the Netherlands, who said that the theme of the siggy was "Home is where your heart is." I agree with her that our home is where I feel the most secure and happy.

Last, my friend Katrin from Germany surprised Joe and me with a lovely fabric postcard for Easter. Joe loved the fact that it was also addressed to him, and so for the first time in a long time, he also got a delivery in the mail.

Thanks so much to everyone!!!!!



I was pretty tired from the trip, but I did manage to make a miniature block for my Sunbonnet Sue Wallhanging. Boy, are three and a half inch blocks small, but they are so cute!

This has turned out to be a lovely day indeed thanks to good friends!

7 comments:

Marie said...

What wonderful surprises you received. The hearts are si very nice and yes I too agree about heart and home. Hope you and Joe have a wonderful Easter. Many hugs, Marie

a good yarn said...

What lovely surprises in your letterbox...and none of them bills I hope! The hearts are just lovely and Dzintra is a real sweetie. I agree, home is where my heart is. Having recently made miniature flying geese blocks I understand the challenge of making your tine star block. Well done!

Happy Easter...Ann :)

Anonymous said...

How exciting!! those hearts are the cutest thing.

Lurline said...

So nice to hear news of your happy day!
Hugs - Lurline♥

ImzadiJudy said...

oh cool Micki, I see two that I made of the hearts! Dh thinks in a few years Tiger will have his little ones on the golf course for the family day golf the day before the Master's play.

Chris said...

Hello Micki, here I am. I love your blog and I found my siggy! Soon yours will be on my blog.
I wish you a happy and blessed Easter with beautiful wether and sunshine.

Simone de Klerk said...

Such lovely posts all in once! that must have really made your day/week (O: