Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Surprises Galore











Today was an incredible day of surprises. First of all, I got Lurline's giveaway prize in the mail that I won. It was a really cute Dove Easter Basket which included a chocolate egg, a card, and a beautiful pack of charms. I will have to pop over to Lurline's site, which is at http://lurlineg.blogspot.com/ and say a big thank you to a really sweet lady.


Then, I got a wonderful surprise package from Nat, who is my April Star and good friend, whose blog can be found at http://notjustnat.blogspot.com/ She dyed some fabric and thread and sent them to me. The pic that I have included does not do them justice. I will use the thread for my crazy quilts, and the fabric, I will have to think of some special project where I can utilize the fabric . I also got a paper hanger figure from Nat, which is now hanging by my embroidery machine. It is so cute. Thanks so much!









Also, I received a lovely fabric postcard from my friend Leah. I used to live in Arizona and taught English on the Navajo Reservation in Monument Valley, and this card definitely reminded me of Arizona. Thank you for a lovely card...the machine free motion quilting was so pretty!
Also, a siggy arrived from Edda in Vestmannaeyjar, and I just loved the hen and the chick in the centre with the pretty embroidered flower. Thank you both!









Finally, in the midst of all these wonderful surprises, I finished my ribbed purple scarf, which I will wear with my darker purple jacket. I was happy to complete it, and it will keep me cozy and snug when the wind is blowing, which is often here.












I also received my itinerary for my quilt retreat at the Dunadry Hotel in Belfast, and there are wonderful activities planned, like workshops with Deb Karasik, a talk by her, meals included served in the Gallery Suite, and a drawing for a Brother Innovative 10 Sewing Machine. They will have a Patchwork shop set up in the Garden Room, and then a show and tell on Sunday. It will be such fun, and I am looking forward the event, which will be next weekend on April 24-26.

Last but not least, Dzintra and Nat met at Cafe Altenberg and toasted a drink to me, and Dzintra sent me an attachment of the pic. It can be seen on both of their blogs, but boy did that mean a lot to me!! Joe and I will visit Australia one day, so I can personally have that drink with them and give them both hugs.







Well, that was my day.....so many wonderful and exciting things happening!

15 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

So many wonderful suprises AGAIN! Your scarf is beautiful and looks perfect to your purple jacket. And how very nice to see Dzintra and Nan toasting to you. What a special feeling that must give you!

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Micki,
What an exciting day you have had.
Dove chocolate, yummy. All those pretty postcards.
I'll have to say that I am really proud of you. You have done a wonderful knitting job on your scarf. I do believe the knitting bug has a firm grip on you.

Nat Palaskas said...

Hi Micki, thanks for posting our reunion photo of Dzintra and I. It was special. Your knitted scarf looks great too. I am about to start knitting soon. Our winter is coming soon - Natima

Sew Lind said...

Now that is a great mail day! You must feel very spoiled :-) Lovely scarf, it matches the jacket beautifully.

Cattinka said...

What nice things you got from your friends. I like your scarf a lot.
It´s so nice to know you, I like your blog and your posts.
KATRIN W.

a good yarn said...

What lovely gifts you have received. I do like the colour of your jacket and scarf.

Happy Stitching...Ann :)

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

What a lovely day of surprises Micki...all wonderful gifts...Bet you are looking forward to the Retreat!!! It was special to give Nat a hug from you...and then a toast. I said to her...I have something for you from Micki...and then we just did it...Here's to Micki...Dzintra ♥

Carol said...

Your surprises all look wonderful. Fun, fun, fun :)

Thanks for leaving a comment at my blog about my landscape.

Maggi said...

What a great day you had, so many lovely things. The scarf looks fantastic with the jacket. I do envy you your quilt retreat, sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun. Bet you will miss Joe though. Maggi xx

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Great surprises!

And I love your dark purple scarf and jacket.

'Aunt Amelia'

Anonymous said...

what an exciting day you've had..
I love the scarf.. I was wondering if you still had time to knit with all the quilting you've been doing.

andsewon said...

Awwh Micki what a wonderful mail day for sure!All wonderful treats!!Love the jacket and matching scarf,so pretty. I know you are going to have such fun on your retreat!How touching of your pals to toast you at their meeting.

Jocelyn said...

Wow what a day! Wonderful giveaway prizes. Isn't that fun?? Loved your scarf too. Pretty color.

Kath said...

What a lucky girl, so many wonderful goodies. I love the pic of Nat and Dzintra, they look so happy. Wouldnt it be fabulous if we could have a "virtual" party! Kath x

Khris said...

Ohhh I love that cute dove....she is gorgeous...hugs Khris