Monday, February 2, 2009

The Great Hexagon Quilt-Along Group


I just got accepted in the Great Hexagon Quilt-Along. Robyn is the originator of the group, and as she said, "It is like a big, online quilting bee." We are all making hexagons, and I will be starting with them. If you want to see what everyone is doing, go to the group site:

http://hexagonquilt-along.blogspot.com/ Also Robyn's blog is http://daisyquilts.blogspot.com/

I am really looking forward to making the hexagons again. Here is a really cool pictorial tutorial on English Paper Piecing: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sunshinescreations/418177276/ .
Also, please take not of this tutorial that I found at:
This is the best tutorial ever on English Paper Piecing.
If you want to make hexagons or try other shapes using the English Paper Piecing Method, then supplies are readily available at Paper Pieces which can be seen at: http://www.paperpieces.com/ I just ordered a 1200 bulk pack of hexagons for a great price and got a book called Grandmother's Flower Garden, but they also have several other books and videos to get one started on English Paper Piecing. Next time I order, I will get the half hexagons and get myself another book.
Well, I will keep you up on this project, and post some pics.
I can see myself doing this by the fire as I am watching tv.....Perfect! That is I will be doing that in addition to my knitting. But since it is so portable, I can really take it anywhere. This is going to be loads of fun!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks like lots of fun.. I think I like the paper piecing one but it'll be interesting to hear which one you like.

Dionne said...

What a fun project! I love hexagon quilts, I hope you'll post pictures on your progress!
Cheers,
Dionne

Simone de Klerk said...

Good luck on your new project!

Marie said...

Hi Micki, love hexagons but I don't know much about paper piecing, I will have to check out the sites and read up . what a great wa to make up a special somethng.Hope our day is wonderful. I love reading your blog. Hugs, Marie

Kath said...

So glad you joined us in the Hexalong! I am totally addicted, as you know! love Kath