Sunday, February 8, 2009

Thimbleberry Centre Block Finished


Yesterday, I began working on the Thimberry Centre Block. I put the applique pieces on the block with Bondaweb, which I love.I used a clear plastic square to find the center points of the quilt center section, so that I could place the pieces accurately. Today, I machine stitched the applique pieces, and I used tearaway stabilizer to the backside of the block so it would lay flat while I was stitching.I used a lovely sailboat print for the triangles to sew to the center block. It is a twenty and a half inch block, and I was happy with how it turned out.


Now, I have two sections to go. I will get them done this week, and then I can put the top together following the diagram provided. When I put all the sections together, the quilt center will measure around sixty four and a half inches. Then I will have to see how many borders I will have to put on to make it a double sized quilt, as the pattern is for a queen sized quilt, which will be too big for our bed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is beyond beautiful!!!
can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Marie said...

What beautifl block, can't wait to see the finished quilt.Your work is so good. Hugs, Marie

a good yarn said...

That is such a lovely block! It's going to be a delightful quilt.

Happy Stitching...Ann :)

Simone de Klerk said...

Your flowers look lovely. Great reds.

Anne Marie said...

Looks great!!! My quilt is still in the package -- bad quilter!!! I didn't realize that it was that big, hmmmm I too am going to have to resize it when I start! Looking forward to seeing your finished quilt.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Love the sailboat fabric Micki...it will be a gorgeous quilt when it's all done...look forward to seeing this...Dzintra