Friday, December 11, 2009

Advent #11


I was thrilled to get a thimble for my 11th Advent gift! There is the cutest butterfly on it, and I adore it! I collect thimbles, so I am so happy to receive this one! Besides thimbles, I collect pot holders, teddy bears, and dolls, in addition to anything that I see in the thrift shop that catches my eye. Thanks again Rachelle! You are a sweetheart!


Today, I was also working on my block keeper bag. I got the ruffles on and made the 6 straps. I just need to make the handles tomorrow and sew on the binding. It will be so nice to put all of my siggies in it. Oh, I also sent off three siggies in the mail today, so I had a busy day.

Three more days till my embroidery machine comes back home....Yeah! I can't Wait!
Enjoy your Friday and hope your weekend is a blessed one!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little thimble. I like how you exchange these little gifts. I remember when I was little it was a piece of chocolate a day but your idea is really neat :>) I hope you are having a wonderful weekend :>)

Anonymous said...

That thimble is so cute. I love seeing your days of advent. Thanks for sharing.

Willow

Pat said...

Your gifts have been just perfect! It's so much fun to check in and see your new one each day.

Anonymous said...

You are very welcome, Micki. I loved my keyring yesterday, and my lovely soap today. Thank you x

Jane said...

That is a very cute thimble. I'm looking forward to seeing photos of your block keeper bag. hugs xxx

~ Phyllis ~ said...

That's a cute thimble. Would love to see pics of your collection.

webbsway said...

I sure hope you are right when you say 3 more days. When I felt that way - it took 5 more weeks!
May you have better luck.

Gene Black said...

Great little gifts you are getting for Advent. I love the surprise every day. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Nedra said...

I collect thimbles also. How fun to receive one as part of your advent swap.

Nat Palaskas said...

Love the butterfly thimble. What fun you have with your Advent swaps. I must visit Rachelle to see what you have given her - Have a great weekend - Hugs Nat

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Awwwwwwww, what a cute little thimble.

Thimbles... tiny... good items to collect I'd think. :-)

Loralynn said...

What lovely gifts you have been getting!