Monday, December 21, 2009

Some Siggies, Another Advent Gift and Block Lotto

I received three siggies in the mail. One siggy was from Monique who lives in Belgium, and she gave me a siggy with the cutest little girl in the centre of the block. The second siggy was from Marjolein who is from The Netherlands, and isn't that squirrel just so cute? Last, Chris from Belgium also put a smiling little girl in the centre. Thanks so much!
My 21st Advent gift was three gorgeous tree ornaments made out of beading. They are perfect for a smaller tree, which is what we usually get. A large tree just doesn't fit into a cottage.LOL Thank you so much again Rachelle! I am tickled pink with all the gifts!

Finally, I joined Block Lotto, and we are making Polka Dot blocks to put in the pot for the month of December. A name will be picked each month, and that person will get all the blocks. You don't have to join in every month, so that was good to know. I am making 9 blocks, and today, I made my first three. It was all needleturn applique, and I enjoyed the hand sewing. I will make three more tomorrow, and then finish the last three on Wednesday. At some point, I hope to win, and then I can make a quilt from the blocks....all great fun!
Thanks to everyone who joined in on the giveaway. I can't wait to pick the winner on Wednesday!

16 comments:

marina said...

What lovely tree ornaments.
Your polka dot blocks look great too.
They look quick and easy to do. Hope you will win a lotto.

Gene Black said...

I Love the siggies. Is that as part of a siggie swap?

M. Regina said...

Hello, Micki, I'd love to win the giveaway. Beautiful ornaments. hugs from Brazil.

Needled Mom said...

I love your siggies! They are such fun.

Those circle blocks are great! I can just imagine them in a quilt.

Your beaded ornaments are lovely. They would look so pretty on a tree.

Holly Days Closet said...

Those bead ornaments are beautiful I've been thinking about getting into beading.
Holly

Barb said...

Love the siggies and tree ornaments......I love seeing your gifts every day.

Pat said...

Gee...I'll be sorry when Christmas arrives and we don't see anymore gifts that you get!! LOL

Nedra said...

You always join very interesting swaps. I like the polka dot ones.

Maria said...

Beautiful siggy's. Lovely little ornaments.
Polka dots look great but I am not going to join in another swap for a while.

CindyMae said...

The siggies are just wonderful. Your ornies are just adorable!

Pat from Florida said...

Aren't the siggies fun to send and receive!

The Block Lotto, well you now me. You gave a link, my fingers had to click on it, the rest is history!

So many swaps, so little time.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Ohhh look at those precious tree ornaments, in pink!

Happy Christmas to you and to yours!

Aunt Amelia

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Ohhh look at those precious tree ornaments, in pink!

Happy Christmas to you and to yours!

Aunt Amelia

Maggi said...

The tree ornaments are gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

I saw you became a follower of mine :-) Look forward to getting to know you more this upcoming year.

free indeed said...

Glad to see you made it over to the lotto! I was hoping to maybe get in a few blocks for a chance, but my girls got an extra week off from work, so, company all week...good but I'll miss not participating this month :(