Monday, December 7, 2009

Advent Gift #7 and Giveaway Prize Arrive


I received another cute Advent gift...this time the sweetest frog that you can imagine! It looks like he or she is holding out its arms to give me a hug.
I also got my giveaway prize in the mail from Colletta , who has a blog called Colletta's Kitchen Sink. If you remember, I won the book called Bon Appetit, and it looks like a winner. It should be an incredibly interesting read. She also sent me a recipe, so I thought I would share it with you:

Easy Caramel Latte Cake

Cake:

1 18.25 ounce package yellow or golden butter cake mix

1 small package French vanilla instant pudding mix

1 cup full-fat sour cream

One half cup brewed espresso

One half stick butter, softened

4 large eggs

Layer:

1 jar of high quality caramel

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Have all ingredients at room temperature. Grease and flour a 9x13 pan or spray with a flour-added nonstick cooking spray. Combine all cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Slowly beat for 30 seconds to incorporate, then beat on high for 2 minutes. Pour into pan and bake for about 35 minutes, or until just set in the middle. Cool cake in pan for 25 minutes. Cake is heavy, and will pull away from the sides of the pan. Spread two thirds cup of caramel over the cake top.

Topping:

2 cups whipping cream

1 cup powdered sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla

Place all ingredients in a cool bowl and mix on high until cream holds soft peaks. When cake is completely cool, spread topping over caramel or serve slices of cake with topping mounded on top.
This sounds yummy, so I hope that you all enjoy it. thanks so much Colletta for a wonderful prize and recipe, and thanks to Rachelle for my Advent gift!!!


9 comments:

Judy S. said...

Now that's a yummy sounding recipe, Micki. No calories either, I'll bet, right? Love your little Kanga and Roo!

SewCalGal said...

Delightful post, as always. Can't wait to try your yummy cake recipe.

collettakay said...

So glad the book made it to you safely! Let me know if you try the cake and how it turns out.

Enjoy!

Jocelyn said...

Wow sounds like such a yummy recipe. It's been so fun to watch you open all of your little gifts.

Pat said...

And take a picture of the cake if you make it, too! :)

Nat Palaskas said...

Yummy recipe and advent gift go on - Hugs Nat

Nedra said...

Another tempting treat for this Christmas season. Sounds yummy.

Anonymous said...

That frog is cute and got to try that recipe.

Today they are selling the new Harry Potter dvd. Hoping to get over and buy it. I have not seen it yet. We have all the other ones.

Willow

Mrs Quilty said...

Oh dear, I feel full just reading that recipe...but it sounds nummy!