Thursday, December 3, 2009

Advent Swap


Tuesday, began Advent, and I opened my first package sent to me by Rachelle who was my Advent partner and who has a blog called Quarantine Quilting. Imagine my joy when I opened up the package and saw a wonderful stocking. It is hanging now over the Stanley, and it will be stuffed with our favorite candy. I didn't post on Tuesday, because I wanted the focus on the December Star, but then Tuesday came in a blink of an eye. I then got to open package 2 , and I got lovely Christmas coasters. I had tons to do that day, and before I knew it, it was day 3, and I was opening the third advent gift, which turned out to be wonderful soap from Australia. Well, I finally am posting on day three , and so here is a pic of all three gifts. Thanks so much Rachelle! I just love the first three so much! I can't wait till tomorrow to open the next one. Gee, time is flying! I will post from now on each and every day as I open them. I definitely have to get my act together and start decorating, getting gifts ready, etc. for Christmas! All the renovation and painting just put me so far behind, so now I have to get my act together. Anyone else feel as overwhelmed as I do?

Oh, by the way, here is a pic of Rachelle, to show you how lovely and sweet she is...I was a lucky bunny to get her.
Thanks again Rachelle!! Both of us just exchanged some Jacquie Lawson cards between each other, and that was fun! It is wonderful that we both got to meet, and that's thanks to the wonderful Advent Swap! Hope you see this Rachelle, as I am sending you big hugs and kisses all the way from Ireland!XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

17 comments:

Zlaty said...

The advent swap sounds like a fun!

Have fun every day of the month!

Happy sewing Micki!

Stayathomemommy said...

How neat! I love your gifts. I can't wait to see what else you get

Barb said...

That was a fun gift...looking to see more....I am so glad I joined this advent swap....I will post all of mine on the 25th because I will have to open them all before I leave this sunday.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

All these packages!!!

Have you made Christmas cookies for your mailman, yet??? ,-)

^_^

Abatevintage said...

Micki what a great stocking, all quilted too, just your type of Christmas stocking ;0)
I love the colors she chose to create it with and the designs its lovely.

I like this advent swap that sounds neat.

.•:*¨¨*:•.Blessings*¨2 U 4¨**¨¨*the holidays .•:*¨¨*:•.

-:¦:-H-:¦:-E-:¦:-I-:¦:-D-:¦:-I-:¦:-

Jo in TAS said...

Gorgeous gifts, and still so many more to open!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Isn't this fun...I am loving opening my gifts too!!! And yes I do feel a bit overwhelmed with all the things that need to be done...but hey that's Christmas isn't it!!! Have fun with all your packages...Dzintra♥x

Sue said...

Beautiful Advent gifts Micki. This is a great swap. Selecting and wrapping was fun and now unwrapping and blogging is fun too.

Nat Palaskas said...

Sounds like fun. Enjoy the 25 days long of presies - Hugs Nat

Jackie's Stitches said...

I love the stocking! How nice to have a little something to open every day!

Pat said...

Great gifts so far....will look forward to seeing what you get each day!

CindyMae said...

An advent exchange sounds really cool! Love the first gift, it is great! Lovely pic!

Cattinka said...

Your advent gifts look very nice, what a neat swap with a present for every day!
KATRIN W.

Tara said...

HI Micki! It looks different here, I like the new look. What a cute stocking you got, I like the red and green. Your countdown to the next Twilight movie made me smile! I have a cousin that is waiting in anticipation too! I hope you have a loveleigh day over there across the big blue pond!

RG said...

Enjoy the swap Micki, both you and Rachelle... lovely goodies coming your way or waiting to be opened...
Another really fun swap!

Judy S. said...

What a fun sounding swap, Micki!

Unknown said...

yep, I am overwhelmed!!!!!!