Monday, December 14, 2009

The Block Keeper Bag Finally Finished, A Great Giveaway to Enter and I Won a Quilt


I finally finished my block keeper bag, and it is now hanging on my chair that I use when I am sewing. My siggies were all ironed and are now happily placed in the bag. It really is such a cute idea, and thanks again to Joy for making such a wonderful pattern!


Also, at Fabricartist, there is a Christmas giveaway . There will be one gift a day for 12 days, so enter and have some fun with it.

I was lucky enough to win a beautiful doll quilt that Christine generously offered for her giveaaway. It is just so adorable,and as you can see here, I was the winner. I am giving it to a good friend's daughter for Christmas who had Swine flu and is just getting over it. She has been keeping her favorite dolly in bed with her, and I know she would love this quilt for the doll.

Also,I am making three PIFs....I decided on some really cute pincushions. and I will get them off this week.

Some of you are showing snow where you live....None here, but boy is it cold! Here you see our beach in the distance called Killahoey, and the tide is out. You can see the houses there by the beach, and you will understand why we love living here.

Don't forget that my giveaway is next week. Look for my wee Irish giveaway of gifts and good luck!





22 comments:

Cattinka said...

I really like your block keeper bag. I like all kinds of hearts and your bag is sooooo nice!
How many siggies do you have in there already?
KATRIN W.

Searchfamilies said...

Congratulations on all your winnings
Hugs Janice

Jocelyn said...

Congratulations Micki! What a great prize. Love your block keeper bag. The colors are so pretty.

Kath said...

What a lovely thing to win and how like you, to gift it to someone else :D

LINDA BYLSMA said...

Oh, your beach is just beautiful. I hope you can post a picture with the tide in.
The beach is my first love. If I didn't have this farm, a precious legacy from my husbands folks, I would be living near a beach.
Just lovely.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

It's finished! And it's beeeeeeeutiful! I love it.

Jane said...

Your block keeper bag is really fantastic. hugs xxx

Marlene said...

Your block keper bag turned out really well. I'm sure those siggy blocks love their new home.
Congrats on the win of the doll quilt. That little girl is going to be so happy and I hope she is recovering well.
The beach looks beautiful-great to walk on all rugged up against the cold.

Pat said...

Your block keeper bag is very sweet. Congrats on your winnings and nice seeing a photo of your beach, too.

recoveryagent2 said...

Lucky you, winning so many gifts it's Christmas all year - only happens to the nicest people!!
Taking our two little Southern Belles out to WDW to see their favorite Princess, Mulan and to enjoy the lights, sounds and sights of Christmas, Disney style (and do a little shopping, shhhh :)
It's so nice having the mouse live in the neighborhood! Keep stitching,
Penny
quizicalfrog.blogspot.com

Judy S. said...

Love the BK bag, Micki. I'm sure you'll use it a lot. And lucky you, a winner again.

Gene Black said...

I will be watching for the giveaway. I am hoping to have the "luck of the Irish" that I should have gotten from my Grandfather!

Maggi said...

Love the block keeper bag Micki. Congrtulations on your wins.

Nat Palaskas said...

Beautiful Block Keeper Bag Micki. Congratulations on winning a doll quilt. You are so lucky - Hugs Nat

Loralynn said...

Your bag is so cute! I especially love the keys you put on it! Nice job!

Chris H said...

Gorgeous bag.
Photos cannot show how cold it is... LUCKILY!
It's summer here... *smiles*

Unknown said...

I can see why you love living there....I love your block keeper bag...it is really pretty and I love the colors.....your advent gifts are great too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Micki, what a great idea to keep your blocks in....I enjoyed seeing the beach.....it is forty degrees here today...hugs lyn

marina said...

Your block keeper bag looks great. It is a good idea for storing blocks.
Maybe I can feel a holiday project coming on?
cheers
Marina

Anonymous said...

Hi Micki,

Your block keeper bag is darling - it will take good care of your blocks, I am sure of it!!!

Stay warm -- it's cold here in the midwest US as well.

Anonymous said...

Love your beach, think I may have been there once! :)

Anonymous said...

PS: Meant to add, your beach is much nicer than Philly (which is close to me!). I'm also a Twilight fan -- what are the chances?! ;)