I have been working on Aggie the doll. The pattern was created by Natalie Ross and I love her. I am having so much fun creating her, and yesterday Joe called me Dr. Frankenstein....LOL She is almost done. The little gathered skirt has a waistband, and she is rather pretty and sassy.The hat really gives her character, but as you can see, I have not finished her face yet , as my fabric pens have not arrived from Cotton Patch yet, and I still have some finishing touches. I can't wait to put a face on her. I have been practicing drawing a couple of faces, and finally came up with one that I really liked, and it suits her to a tee. She is very patiently waiting for her face, but no mail today, so hopefully, the pens will arrive on Monday.
She is 20 inches tall, and sits rather perfectly. I changed the position of her arms from the way they were in the original pattern, as I wanted her to appear to be posing, and that gives her the look of movement.
I have included a pic of Aggie with her blouse tucked in...It does give a different look to the doll, and you can see the waistband that I made on the gathered skirt. I think that I like it better with the blouse tucked in, even though the original pattern shows the blouse loose and outside her skirt. What do you think?She is 20 inches tall, and sits rather perfectly. I changed the position of her arms from the way they were in the original pattern, as I wanted her to appear to be posing, and that gives her the look of movement.
Hope you like her!!!!! It will be a surprise for you all when you see her face.
Have a wonderful Saturday
14 comments:
Oooh Micki, Aggie is looking wonderful!! How lovely to see her comme to life so quickly!!
Oh how cute she is!! Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs to you and Joe, Marie
I just love cloth dolls and Aggie is SO cute! Can't wait to see her beautiful face. I have always wanted to make a Raggedy Ann doll..Micki I think you have renewed/inspired that thought process again :-)
At 20 inches tall, she is almost the size of a real baby. Good job.
Aggie is ACE, and the hat definately gives her character. Once she has a face she'll start giving you her opinion!
Micki, you have been so busy again and have made some wonderful wonderful projects!!! I love your sunbonnet pincushion, but the owl is really my favorite!
Your Angie, I just LOVE it. You are so fast and so talented!
Have a lovely weekend.
Can't wait to see that little face!
Hugs - Lurline♥
That is so cute, I love dolls so much. In fact I was thinking about recreating my favorite doll when I was a girl the "Holly Hobbie" with my own touches. I am very intimidated by the face though. Let me know how the painting of the face goes.
I like the things you have made and show on your blog!
She is gorgeous! Ros
Very nice & it she will be great once she has a face well done
Hugs Janice
What a lovely doll you made !
HELLO,
Micki, she looks right at home sitting there so proud.. I love that pattern, she really turned out special. Have a great week
Hugs
Maggey
She is going to be ADORABLE!!! I can't wait to see her face.. are you drawing it on?
I am going to try making dolls, gollywogs soon.
Post a Comment