Saturday, June 20, 2009

Puzzle Bag Completed




I completed my puzzle bag....I used batiks for the body of the bag and gusset, and lovely African batik fabric for the handles and inner lining of the bag. It really is so unique with the four puzzle pieces, and I think that is why I love it.

It is a not a typical summer day as you know it here in Dunfanaghy....It is more like cooler Fall weather. I think that we are skipping over the summer, or at least it looks that way. Joe and I are off to take a walk. We will have to put on our jackets, but we will enjoy the lovely scenery.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday!

15 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

Lovely bag, Micki! Fall seems to be here too, instead of summer. But it is almost always like this around Laura's birthday. So we'll have to celebrate inside.
Have a lovely weekend.

SewCalGal said...

I love your puzzle bag. I've never seen anything like this before. Really nice. Great design and choice of colors.

I've often thought about a big quilt using scraps of fabric and a puzzle shape for the blocks...and wondered if one could do color changes to create an interesting design.

Again, great job.

Darlene

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Kath said...

Yes, rather Autumnal here in England too. Love your bag, what a fabulous idea. Kath x

Jocelyn said...

Micki your bag is so cool. What a great idea. Enjoy your cool ocean breezes.

Heckety said...

Your bag is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Hi Micki,what a cute bag !
I`ve never seen puzzle put on bag.
Great idea ! It`s so lovely !

Hugs, Rena

Tammy said...

Hi Micki!
Thought I would stop by for a visit, lovely blog and very lovely bag!

Browndirtcottage said...

This is lovely Micki...I have been sewing with some batiks today myself!!

Vicki H. said...

It has been a cool summer here too!! We finally have had a few days of 70 degree weather with some sun. The bag is really cute.

Searchfamilies said...

What a lovely Bag, i hope you enjoyed your walk.
It not summer here either hope that we start to get it i mean today is the longest day so it starts to head to the winter now lol
Hugs Janice

Maggi said...

A lovely bag - what good use for your puzzle pieces.

Cattinka said...

What a nice bag, you did a great job.
KATRIN W.

Cindy F. said...

How cute! Good job Micki!

Hey, did you ever get the chart you won from me?

Jackie's Stitches said...

Here in Florida it is hot, hot, hot. I could use some of your weather! :)

Judy S. said...

What a great way to use your puzzle pieces!