Friday, June 19, 2009

More Special Deliveries


Funny enough, I love gifts that come after my birthday...They make my birthday last even longer. The mailman brought two packages to me. One came from my blogging friend Simone, who sent me a lovely Sunbonnet Sue Pincushion...It comes with the fabric, and all I have to do is stuff it. It is so cute! In addition, she sent me some Dutch De Ruyter sprinkles in chocolate and fruit flavors. She explained that you put the sprinkles on bread. We can't wait to try it for breakfast. Thanks so much Simone!

Then, my good friend Jeri in Florida sent me a hilariously funny Quilt Diva pattern that is all done in fusible applique. Isn't it a hoot? It is pretty large...it measures 24x49 inches, so I will hang it on a door with a hook. It should be so cute! It came with a Quilt Diva pin, and it made me laugh out loud. Jeri said that as soon as she saw the pattern, she thought of me. It really is "me". A big thanks and hug to you Jeri.

Well, I had to add this post , as my deliveries were so special.

5 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

I just love the Quilt Diva! That must be fun to make. And I am glad the post was a bit quicker this time! You had some wonderful wins, Micki!

Unknown said...

OhMicki, I had one of those for my blog giveaway. I saw it and thought, it's just too cute!
Glad you got one...we are on satellite and it's just bliss! I can read blogs, post, download photos and get back to sewing and quilting again.
Summer is so busy here at the cottage...Do you get lots of visitors to Ireland in the summer like we do at the cottage...it's fun time...

Unknown said...

OhMicki, I had one of those for my blog giveaway. I saw it and thought, it's just too cute!
Glad you got one...we are on satellite and it's just bliss! I can read blogs, post, download photos and get back to sewing and quilting again.
Summer is so busy here at the cottage...Do you get lots of visitors to Ireland in the summer like we do at the cottage...it's fun time...

a good yarn said...

Fab parcel! At this rate your birthday might last till the enxt one. *chuckle*. Ann :)

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hey Quilt Diva...I love this one!!! And I too like birthdays that last more than a day...Dzintra♥x