Simone, whose blog you can see here, gave me the cutest Sunbonnet Sue pincushion pattern that I talked about in a previous post. I decided to make it today, and boy was it fun. All the fabric was included. I used Heat N'Bond Fusible to do the applique pieces. It is now sitting on my sewing table, and I just love it! You can see the pics of the front and back of the pincushion.
Thanks Simone so much for you kindness!!
I also cut out all the pieces for my Aggie doll, and I am waiting for the plastic pellets to arrive to begin the doll. I decided also to do a Hoot Owl Tutorial that I found at Daisy Quilts, which was just too adorable to ignore. I have also cut out the pattern pieces
for that, so I will do that in conjunction with the Aggie doll. How can one resist this face! I am mking mine in pink, as that is my favorite colour.
for that, so I will do that in conjunction with the Aggie doll. How can one resist this face! I am mking mine in pink, as that is my favorite colour.I am obviously in a stuffed doll/animal mood.LOL I guess that I am a kid at heart.
Actually, I am enrolling in a great hand felting course called Felt Alive given by Kay Petal, and I will be hand felting an old man, as you can see here:
I am purchasing four dvds which will encompass 10 hours of instruction. I will show you stages of the doll as I felt it. I will be getting the dvds in July, so I will start then.
If you are interested in seeing Kay Petal do some hand felting of sculptured dolls, she has snippets of her dvds on You Tube. it is amazing!
If you are interested in seeing Kay Petal do some hand felting of sculptured dolls, she has snippets of her dvds on You Tube. it is amazing!
I am really enthusiastic about starting the course, as I have always wanted to do hand felting. I have been doing machine felting with my Babylock EMB`12, but I have wanted to venture into hand felting, and I love the idea of making sculputred figures.Later in the summer, I will also be taking a course in cloth doll making. It will be fun to see the dolls evolve. It is all very exciting!
PS: I am getting into dolls, but I will never give up quilting...someone asked me, and no, I would never stop making quilts. I am just eclectic and love to do a lot of things: sewing, quilting, machine and hand felting, knitting, crocheting, etc. Love it all! I guess it is the Gemini in me. LOL Hope that answers your question!

12 comments:
Hi Micki,
Your Sunbonnet Sue pin cushion is adorable. I have always liked the Sunbonnet Sue patterns.
Can't wait to see your owl. He looks so cute in the pattern picture.
I love needle felting. I have seen some amazing felted animals and people on the web. I know you will have lots of fun. Sounds like you are going to have a fun filled summer.
I love that little Sun Bonnet Sue. The Owl is adorable too. Cant' wait to see how you like felting, trials and tribulations. My sister has used it twice while knitting and couldn't stand the look or feel of it afterward. Hope your adventure goes better.
Such a cute pin cushion. I love the Sun Bonnet Sue. Have fun with your course. Look forward to seeing how it goes.
The felted old man is hysterical. Takes doll making to a whole new level.
Hay Micki, cute Sue pin cushion. I love and this is a cute project and thanks for the owl pin cusion pattern link. Hand felting, you will love it. Enjoy
sounds like you have alot going on. i love the sunbonnet pin cushion. I need to make myself some pin cushions.
Oh how I love that owl! I've saved the pattern and maybe my DD and I can stitch one up this summer! Thanks for the link!
Thanks for the link to the owl, it is very cute, I will have to make one.
KATRIN W.
The pincuhion is a sweetie and I love the owl. Ann :)
Hi Micki!
Can't wait to see your new dolls! and your needle felting!
The Sunbonnet Sue pin cushion is very cute!
Thanks for your email will write back soon.
Hugs
Tam
Hi Micki, What a great post, you are one busy lady.Can't wait to see your dolls. Hugs, Marie
I am far behind on my reading of your blog -- so Happy Birthday!!!!
You both look very dapper in your painting attire!!
I think the owl is terribly cute and I downloaded it as well - who knows, maybe I will actually make a little owl for Hunter.
Have a great week.
Post a Comment