Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Miniature Landscape and Other Projects










This morning, I finished the miniature landscape which I am calling Galloping Horse by New Lake. I will be doing another landscape soon, but right now, I am making my second oriental pillow for our bedroom. It is another lovely day here in Dunfanaghy, and even though it is a bit cooler, it is very sunny and cheery outside.
Tonight, I have my quilting bee from 7-10 PM, and I will be getting the applique pieces ready for my second pillow.


I am also going to work on a lovely rose table topper that is all machine embroidered. It is called the FSL Lace Rose Wreath Doily. I have just the table that would be perfect for it. I will be making it in a very light pink, instead of the white in the pic, as Joe tends to dislike the white lace. I have to admit that the lace items that I have made in various colours are quite lovely. The designs come from Advanced Embroidery, and it is a done in several parts that have to be sewn together. Actually there are 6 designs that need to be combined.I will have to order metres of Vilene stabilizer to get ready for this one, as there are lots of sections to it. I will post each section as I complete it.



Hope everyone is having wonderful weather too and a blessed day!

14 comments:

scraphappy said...

What a lovely plan for a doily. I never would have thought there were so many steps involved. It is nice that you already have a spot picked out for it. So much smarter than those of us who finish a project up and then try to find a home for it.

Nedra said...

You are very talented to be able to make your own lace doilies. It sounds like a wonderful art.

Nat Palaskas said...

Looking forward to the doily. Light pink would be nice colour for it. Most of the doily I have seen are white and I like tea dyed them just to get the edge of the white

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

A great finish Micki....boy you are productive♥x

Searchfamilies said...

Your Landscape quilt is beautiful, if it finished put it in for the PoM on group you send a photo to me off group.
You are very talented well done

Anonymous said...

Miki,

Your projects are lovely. I am anxious to have you share about doing the lace doilies. I have never dared to try doing lace using machine embroidery.

Have a great day!

Cattinka said...

I like the doily you are making, it will look pretty in pink.
KATRIN W.

Nanette Merrill said...

I started a landscape and didn't finish it. Yet. Yours is really delightful. On my way to work today I saw the best rose bushes. It made me want to recreate them. The outdoors gives us so much to inspire.

Cindy F. said...

Such a beautiful landscape piece!! A machine embroidered doily...oh my goodness. I wish you were here to teach me these things!!

Pam said...

I will be interested to see the Rose lace doily that you make. It is amazing you can make something like that on your sewing machine. We bought a few of those when we were in Belgium many, many years ago. They are so pretty - I still use them.

The little miniature landscape turned out beautifully. You must be happy with it.
Have a good weekend.

a good yarn said...

Gosh Micki, I can't keep up with all the happenings on your blog but I'm trying. The lace doily is beautiful - and you make it on the machine! The mini landscape is quite dramatic and there's so much movement in it. Well done.

Happy Stitching...Ann :)

Feedsack Fantasy said...

Love your creations. My G'ma from Wexford Co. crocheted doilies beautifully. TTFN ~ Marydon

Simone de Klerk said...

Micki, your minature quilt are gorgeous! You are so talented in this. Why not come over to teach me... Now wouldn't that be great ((O: Have a lovely weekend.

Treasuresofjoy said...

I Love that galloping horse scene! Sew creative!