Friday, June 19, 2009

More Mail, an Advent Swap, and I Won Another Giveaway




I received more FQ's in the mail from La Vella , Cindy, and Pamela, who are in the Friendship Group, for my Birthday FQ Swap. That extends my celebration by a bit. Thanks so much!
I also got my prize from Cindy that I won in her giveaway.It was A Very Merry Summer cross stitch, and you can see it in the pic. I also won another giveaway...I just found out today in the morning. Natalija posted the winner today and I won this prize. I was so happy with that. I will have tons to stitch in my lounge chair, and I do love Santa! After winning so many giveaways, I should concentrate on entering the lottery..Joe does it, but I should give each card a lucky Irish kiss, and hope that it makes us win.LOL

Today, I went to the local quilt shop to buy some fabric for my Aggie Doll. That is one of the prizes that I won in Robyn's giveaway. I love making dolls, so I will have a blast with this. I have included a pic of Aggie, and as you can see from the pic, I also got some neat fabric.The flowered fabric in blue is for the dress, the polka dot, yellow fabric is for her blouse, and the darker blue flowered fabris is for her cuffs and feet. I got neutral fabric for her body and face.Joe said that she will be dressed fancier than we usually are.LOL I ordered two bags of plastic pellets to stuff her with from Jan Horrox Doll Supplies and you can see the stuffing here. and the Tivoli Mustard coloured yarn for her hair, which I got from The Yarn Room.






Finally, I joined an Advent Swap which should be loads of fun! If you want to read about it and join, here is the post at Fiona's Mothers Cupboard blog. It is going to be so much fun making that package for someone, and then being able to open each and very little gift from December 1st till Christmas Day.
Have a wonderful Friday!













7 comments:

Browndirtcottage said...

Yeah....lucky you!!

Maggey and Jim said...

Wow, you have been lucky lately, I love what you have picked out for Aggie.. I would love to know how to get that pattern??Hah.. The birthday keeps going on, eh??
Hug & Happiness
Maggey

Nedra said...

Ypu join so many fun swaps.

Feedsack Fantasy said...

Rub a little luck my way ... chuckle!
TTFN ~Marydon

Simone de Klerk said...

Love the Aggie doll and great fabrics you chose for it!

Liz said...

Sounds like your birthday has been ongoing, I like those kind ;o)
lizzie

Khris said...

holey smokes girl..you are on a roll with pressies and prizes...the postie must know you well by now...lol..hugs Khris