I went through a storage box that I had and found three Sunbonnet Sue blocks that I did. I then appliqued one more block and put the top together. I was so happy that I did that, as I had put so much work into making those blocks. They are all hand appliqued. I had several colours to choose from the top for the border colours, and I decided on the pink and the flowered darker border, as it matches our decor in the living room. I now have to put the layers together and machine quilt and bind it. I am thrilled that once I complete this, I only have one more UFO to do...machine quilting my Thimbleberry quilt, which I will do in July, then I don't have anymore UFO's.
Besides, winning the giveaway today,
( which was discussed in an earlier post this AM), I got two fat quarters in the mail from Connie and Pat who are members of my Friendship Group, and that was so nice. They are so lovely, as you can see by the pic. Thanks so much to the two of you!
Lastly, in July, I will celebrate my First Blog Anniversary with a huge giveaway. It will be a big bundle of goodies. Just to spike your curiosity, I will be including some Irish Tweed fabric. I will be posting the giveaway in mid July, so look for that post and enter to win. I will try to make it very special, include Irish items, and make it really unique.
Off to watch Oprah Winfrey and put the stuffed chicken roast in the oven.
17 comments:
Hi Micki
Look forward to your give away especially with a touch of the Irish in it.
I am off to watch Ireland play in the Twenty/20 cricket world cup if they win they be through to next round come on Ireland
Hugs Janice
Congratulations on winning the give away. The Sunbonnet Sue is very cute. I love Sue, she was my special girl when I started quilting.
Wow congratulations Micki on winning such a great prize. Love your Sunbonnet Sue quilt :-)
Jocelyn
http://happycottagequilter.blogspot.com/
Stuffed chicken roast sounds pretty good to me Micki!!! Wow love that Sunbonnet Sue...Dzintra♥x
Hey hold on to the chicken I will be there for dinner.Wow what a nice give away you will have .And to think you will have some of Ireland in it oh please draw my name!!! Love your little quilt. Girlfriend you are so good to stay so focused on getting things finished. I MUST do better. Ray will be back on Wednesday. He is enjoying his family very much up in Ohio.Hugs to you and Joe.
Hi Micki,
I love your sunbonnet sue - especially the one with her fella, the horse and an emerald isle! Ros
They are so pretty, those gals, well done you. I am just covetting your fat quarters! Kath x
what a great discovery!And a wonderful win! You are having an awesome week already!
Oooooh, a giveaway....I haven't entered one in such a long time but this would be a good one to start with!
Very nice, Micki! I love your Sue!
Hi Micki,
Isn't it nice when you find an old project and you finally finish it! :))
Thank you for stopping by my blog! Now i found yours! :)
Happy sewing! :)
Zlaty
Congratulations on winning the giveaway!
The Sunbonnet Sue is adorable and it looks like you'll soon have another finished object!
Congratulations on your win! I'm getting ready to celebrate my one year anniversary too.
I love your sunbonnet quilt, it's happy happy.
I didn't blog today as my granddaughter was racing to represent Ontario at the Canada games this summer. So we were all pretty useless in this family.
She made it and is ranked #2. Awesome Girl!
Chicken Dinner is always Yummy- Congratulations on winning the giveaway - you are a most deserving winner.
Your sunbonnet Sue is very cute -it is great that you were able to get it all finished.
I will look forward to your giveaway- I love coming to visit whether there is a giveaway or not - there is always something interesting to hear about and nice photos of your beautiful quilts.
Be well, my friend,
Regards,
Anna
What ever will you do if you finish all your ufo's?
is the answer-make some more.
Well done Micki!
Look forward to your Irish flavoured giveaway.
cheers
Marina
I love your Sunbonnet quilt! Such sweet images. How good that must feel!
I can see why you were happy to have the Sunbonnet Sue top finished off. They are so very cute. Hard to believe you will be done with UFOs before the end of July! Now you only need a little willpower to avoid starting any new ones.
Post a Comment