Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mid Week News



Joe was busy today working in the garden. He was mowing and using the strimmer for hours, and boy does it look good now.I was busy in our wee cottage. I machine embroidered the centre piece and one of the sides of a lace doily, and chose lovely Madeira embroidery threads to match our decor.I did the stitching of the doily while I watched the movie Twilight yet again. I have seven more sides to make for the doily. Then I decided to make yet another pot holder from a FQ that I received from my Birthday FQ Swap. It turned out so colourful! Someone asked me why I make so many potholders. I just love them! I have potholders for every occasion, and change them to fit my mood or create the look that I want in the kitchen . I then enjoyed reading the James Patterson book called Judge and Jury and managed to finish it. Off I went to the quilt shop, got some fabric that I needed for a table cloth that I am making for the kitchen .By the way, here is a peek at our quilt shop, at least a wee section of it:
Finally, I took a lovely walk with Joe . Of course, that was the best part of my day.
PS: Tonya is having a wonderful giveaway, so check it out at

14 comments:

Feedsack Fantasy said...

What a lovely finish to a long day ... TTFN ~Marydon

Nat Palaskas said...

The potholder is vevy cute. The rose applique looks almost real on it. Love the doily as well. Thanks for sharing

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hi Micki!
I am so sorry;I missed your comment on my queen post! Thank you for coming to visit me! I always try to visit with new comers, but I had not looked on the post for a couple of days. How sweet of you to come by. I see that you are a retired teacher; I am a French immersion teacher, fourth grade. WE ARE ON SUMMER BREAK! Whew...great year but I need the rest! Have a peaceful evening! Anita

Nedra said...

A woman can never have too many potholders.

Deb said...

what a great idea just to use up some of those fat quarters too.. I am sure your kitchen is very very colorful

andsewon said...

I am sure your garden is lovely. I adore the look of fresh cut grass!!!Ours seems to grow as C is mowing...;-)
Thanks for the peek into your LQS...loads of yummy stuff I am sure. A gal can never have to many pot holders and besides they can be tiny lil quilts!!!Lola

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Micki...what a great day you have had!!! You sure have done heaps, the potholder, the doily...How many times have you seen Twilight I wonder LOL!!! Dzintra♥x

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Yeaaaaaaa Joe. I love the look of a lawn, after it's been cut and neated-up. :-)

Wondering if you liked the vampire series you began, after 'Twilight'? Perhaps you wrote about how you liked it, and I missed it?

I've been into 'Vampire Diaries' but am losing interest, as the books progress. And now am trying to get deeper into Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice."

Slow at first. -le sigh- But my 15 year old granddaughter tells me to stick with it! She assures me that it will perk up, and I'll be hooked! :-)

Yes, I do bounce around, in my reading!!! -grin-

Aunt Amelia

Kath said...

I would love to see some photos of your garden Micki. Kath x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful doily and potholder! You do really beautiful work. I love the look of a freshly trimmed garden as well. :)

Maggi said...

The doily looks lovely. How can you bar to use the lovely pot holders on hot pots? Maggi x

Anonymous said...

Micki,

Beautiful Work. I love what you done on the lacework so far!

a good yarn said...

Isn't it nice to have such a productive day!
Happy Stitching...Ann :)

Cattinka said...

Your potholder looks great I can imagine how it brigtens up your mood and your kitchen when you use it.
The doily is goint to look great also, I like the colours! I will have to watch "twilight" some day. Sometimes I don´t like the films after I read the book, can you recomend this movie?
KATRIN W.