Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Birthday and More Goodies in the Mail




I am 59 years young today. Someone emailed me and said that, and I liked the sound of it. It's all in the mind, and I have always been a kid at heart. Anyways, I started my birthday today by going to a pub in the early morning. We sat in a snug and had Irish Creams, and we had the whole pub to ourselves. How nice is that! We then went to The Workhouse to check out the used books for sale.

Then,I got some lovely gifts in the mail again. Robyn sent me my giveaway package that I won in the mail. This week, I am heading to the quilt shop to get fabric for the Natalie Ross in Stitches Pattern for making a 20 inch doll named Aggie. I am excited about that! It is so cute. I got two yards of lovely, red fabric, a lovely flowered plastic carrying bag, some ric rac,a large white button, embroidery thread some essence of oil, and a lovely card from Robyn. I was thrilled with it all, and thanks so much Robyn!
Also, in the mail was a birthday postcard from Katrin in Germany...it was lovely, and I thank her so much too. I am really building up my collection of fabric postcards. Last but not least, my friend Mary in Australia got me a wonderful book for my birthday called Luminous Landscapes.
I love it! I will be doing an African landscape that is in there, as the pattern and directions are provided. It will be done as hand applique.

Joe and I will be going to the Chinese Restaurant in Creeslough called The Red Roof. I will have some pics of the restaurant later on in this post, so look for that. It is a great place for its food, but it also has wonderful scenery looking out from the window by the table where we will be sitting. We have decided to order prawn crackers as a starter, and then both of us will have Kung Pao Chicken.....yummy. We will take a long walk there after dinner before we have to hop on the bus to go home.
Birthdays are so much fun! I got a gigahoop and a tutorial from Joe , and that will allow me to do much bigger designs, borders, and lacework. I am excited about that. I got a huge card from him, and the day so far has been so nice.
PS: My two boys, Rufus and Charlie gave me a card that said:
"Dear cool, young-looking mommy. We hope that you have the best birthday, 'cause you deserve it! We love you mommy! "
Charlie and Rufus
With that card, I got a Butlers Mint Truffles Chocolate box...needless to say, Joe and I had a few pieces, and the Chocolate Mint creme inside was so, so delicious!
Thanks Boys!
Check in later for pics of the restaurant!

26 comments:

Gina said...

Happy Birthday to you!!!
How wonderful to think that we are years young!
How nice of you having a trip to the PUB first thing in the morning... Have a fantastic time today and lots and lots of fun.
best wishes

Nat Palaskas said...

Happy Birthday Micki. Your day can't be more perfect! The whole pub for only you and Joe how romantic. Enjoy the rest of your day - Natima

Kath said...

Have a fabulous time on your special day! I have emailed you "Alphabet for the over 50's" which made me laugh, I hope it makes you smile. Love Kath

Nedra said...

I'm at my lap top early this morning while traveling. Happy Birthday again! It sounds like you had a lovely day.

Marie said...

Happy Birthday Girlfriend,
Sounds like your having the best birthday ever.Ray and I are sending lots of love and wishes for you.Hugs, Marie

susis quilts said...

happy birthday to you,and have a nice day,best wishes,susi

Treasuresofjoy said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a fun time!

Unknown said...

Wishing you a wonderful birthday, Micki! Your post makes me long for a trip back to Ireland....enjoy your day~

Jocelyn said...

Happy Birthday Micki. Have a wonderful day!

Karen said...

A most happy birthday!
"The Workhouse"! Now that's a different name for a business.

Khris said...

So how was Chinese? What did your chinese fortune cookie tell you...any big surprises for the birthday girl...lol..hugs Khris

Feedsack Fantasy said...

Micki ~ Have a wonderful & blessed birthday. TTFN ~ Marydon

Cindy F. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICKI!!! You're having an awesome day with wonderful gifts!! Love the card from your boys:) Enjoy your Chinese dinner:)

Maggey and Jim said...

What a wonderful day to start Your Special day..Sounds like it is going to be memorable. Many,many,more..
Hugs & dreams come true,
Maggey

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Micki! You are blessed to receive those wonderful gifts!

Pursuing Art... said...

Happy Birthday Micki! It looks and sounds like your day is going to be glorious! You are off to a grand start! Enjoy every minute...~Lisa

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Hope you continue to have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Cattinka said...

I´m relieved that my mail arrived on time, I started thinking that it got stuck in customs...I like all the presents you got.
Have a nice evening!
KATRIN W.

Maggi said...

Happy birthday Micki. I hope you have a wonderful day. Gloria Loughman had an exhibition at the Festival of Quilts either last year or the year before (it's an age thing!) and her work was stunning so the book must be fantastic. Maggi x

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Happy Birthday Micki! I hope you have a wonderful day :^)

You also share this birthday with my youngest, who's 16 today!

Chris H said...

So.. I was TOLD to come over here and wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! so I did! *smiles*
Hope you had a lovely day. What's the weather like there? It's freezing here today!
Oh ... Sew Prim Khris told me to come over!

Carol said...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you etc. etc. etc. :)
Hope you had a fabulous day.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

A very Happy Birthday wish to you!!!!!!!

Aunt Amelia

Julia said...

Happy Birthday Micki...
Hope you had a lovely day..
The whole Pub just for you and Joe..how romantic!
Best wishes for many many more happy birthdays..
Julia ♥

Annika said...

Congratz!

Pat said...

Happy Birthday
Hope it;s great and you have many more
Pat