Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Katie the Owl, a Fabric Postcard and a Great Book









I had a blast today making Katie the Owl. She turned out so cute. I wanted a girl owl, and of course I had to make her in my favorite colour pink. I gave her a wisp of pink curls on the top, and she is just cute as a button.

I was also happy that my friend Katrin , who lives in Germany, got her fabric postcard that I made for her as a surprise. I didn't post it earlier, as I didn't want to spoil the surprise, but here it is. I appliqued a flower on the card, as I do love flowers










Finally, I have to tell you about a really good book that I discovered through The Quilt Show called The Lover's Knot: A Someday Quilts Mystery by Clare O'Donohue. It is a book about quilting, friendships and a murder thrown in. A body is found in the quilt shop. You can see it here, and it is very good!

22 comments:

Miss Muffet said...

Hi Micki,
Katie is quite cute; how do you find the time?
I read the book awhile ago and enjoyed it. Is it the first in a series? I like to continue reading about characters I have become fond of. I've been reading a lot lately as it has been raining and raining...
Cheers

Bunny said...

Love your little Katie she is adorable. I also think your postcard is too cute. Great job.

Annika said...

Katie is really cute :)

Chris H said...

Your wee owl is adorable! I think Sew Prim Khris made one a while back too. ONly her's wasn't pink. I like your pink one.
Fabric Postcards! What a neat idea! I am going to do a few of those, when I get time!
Hope it's nice in Ireland today. It's cold in New Zealand, drat.

Daffycat said...

Gahhh, your owl turned out fantastic!

RG said...

Hi Micki... Wooohoo!
You are the first that I know of to make my little owl. Yippee!!
I love Katie and I love how everyone's becomes their own even when we're all making the same thing.
I have started a Flickr group specifically for the "Hoot" owls.. Please have a look..it'd be great to see them all on one place.
Thanks for letting me know.

Anonymous said...

Miki,

I have enjoyed catching up with your blog! That is the most adorable owl!!! You did a marvelous job. I also like your Sunbonnet Sue pretties. A Sunbonnet Sue quilt my next magazine quilt....

Nedra said...

It seems like Owls are coming back in. I've seen so many of then on quilters walls, etc.
I've never heard of the book. I'll have to check into that one.

Cattinka said...

Your owl turned out very cute! And of course I love the surprise postcard you sent me! It is lovely!
KATRIN W.

Searchfamilies said...

Very cute, you also did well with the postcard well done
Hugs Janice

marina said...

Gorgeous Owl, Micki. You have been busy.

Nat Palaskas said...

Katie the Owl is so cute. I want to make her too. My friend asked if I could teach her how to make the owl. I think I will so I can make for me too.

Tammy said...

Hi Micki!
That owl is just too cute!
Lovely postcard also and what a nice surprise for your friend.
Thank you for sharing the book info, I have added it to my wish list.

Browndirtcottage said...

Well......now how 'prissy' they are!!!

Heckety said...

Lovely owl, the eyes are so expressive! I love making Sunbonner Sue too, but they always end up on little girl's bags and given as presents. I've seen postcards in magazines but never tried one, maybe I will now having seen your lovely example!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

That's a cutie-pie Miss Pink Owl!

Aunt Amelia

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

What a gorgeous pink owl Micki...I am seeing owls around blogland a bit lately!!!

Nanette Merrill said...

Katie is super charming! Love that.

Wendy said...

Hi Micki, I love miss Katie, she is so cute! Where did you get the pattern for her. She would mkae a neat little pin cushion.

Pat from Florida said...

Katie is adorable! Very feminine! You DO keep busy!

Hugs, Pat from FL & MI

Khris said...

You showoff....love Katie...way to go girl..hugs Khris

Cindy F. said...

Adorable owl and such a lovely postcard!! Great ideas and so fun!