Saturday, June 6, 2009

Oriental Cushion 2




I finally completed the second cushion top, and I will finish the rest of it tomorrow. The pattern on this cushion is different than the first one, but as both are in a circular design and are oriental patterns, they coordinate with each other perfectly, as you can see below by the completed first cushion. I did the machine applique today, and I used various Madeira embroidery threads. It was so much fun! I just love doing applique!






Joe and I are having a very quiet day at home. The weather is sunny, but cool, and we are planning to take our long walk through the hills soon.
Happy stitching and have a wonderful weekend.


8 comments:

Feedsack Fantasy said...

It is a beautiful sunny day after 4 more days of constant rains. May was nearly daily rains, one of the wettest coolest months on record ... & it appears to be carrying over to this month. We may achieve lush greens as have you there. We shall go for a walk here shortly, too.

I love your cushions, beautiful work.

TTFN ~ Marydon

Marie said...

Hey Girlfriend, Love your cushion, beautiful work.I haven't done much this week, ray is in Ohio and I am being a tad lazy. Hugs, Marie

Annelies said...

I love your cushion Micki !

Sue said...

Hello Micki
I stumbled on your blog and enjoyed reading about your crafts and home. I too am a quilter and member of Quilting Bloggers. I live in Western Australia in a small coastal town 360kms north of Perth. I confess to being a bit of an Eirophile and love all things Irish. My great granny was from Tipperary and came to Australia in the mid 1800's. She married an Irish convict transported here on the same ship and they had 7 children. I visited Ireland in 1994for only a week and it's my dream to get back there again one day.
Meanwhile My husband Joe and I enjoy our life here in this little town. We have 4 grown children and 5 little grandies, Otto the cat and a small flock of ducks and hens to lavish attention on
Cheers Sue

Maggi said...

What lovely cushions. I hope you enjoyed your walk, it poured with rain here yesterday and is doing the same today, accompanied by rumbles of thunder. Maggi x

Searchfamilies said...

As ever beautiful work you really do & your very talented
I hope you enjoy your walk today & had a great time chatting & getting to see you & to get to know you a bit better
Hugs Janice

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

I'm finding it hard to comment here, since you added the new background. Your blog now has slow loading issue, etc.

So if I don't comment much, you will know the 'why' of it.

Gentle hugs,
Aunt Amelia

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Great work Micki...Dzintra♥x