Friday, June 12, 2009

Birthday Fabric, A Kitchen Tablecloth and a Lace Doily










I received three lovely fat quarters for my birthday from Karen and Shelley, who are in the Birthday Fat Quarter Swap in my Friendship Group. Thank you two so much for such lovely fabric!

Also, I finished our appliqued table cloth, but boy was it hard for Joe to take a pic. You had to have seen him on our ladder trying to capture the whole thing. We had to put it on the floor, and then it was impossible to get it totally straight, so it is a bit wrinkled. The other pic he took with the tablecloth on the table. Anyways, you will get the idea. It really brightens up our kitchen. We are going to paint the kitchen yellow and two storage cabinets green, thus I used those colours in our tablecloth.

Someone asked to see my largest white lace doily. It is really lovely, and very detailed lace made from white Madeira Embroidery thread. Happy Friday!









16 comments:

Feedsack Fantasy said...

Awww! Madeira! What an exquisite lace to treasure. So delicate, intricate & beautiful. They are getting really expensive & harder to find the vintage ones. TTFN ~Marydon

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Ohhhh, that lace doily!!! Simply lovely.

And *poor* Joe, -giggles- I worry about him, on these quests to get complete project pictures. I don't like the idea of him up on ladders. :-)

'Aunt Amelia'

Searchfamilies said...

What a beautiful Doily you done a great job, also very nice fabrics you received & lovely tablecloth well done
Hugs Janice

Maggi said...

Such a beautiful doily. Your tablecloth is really cheerful - nice to see the shamrocks. Maggi x

Kath said...

Nice work Micki, your home must be very cheerful and colourful. love Kath

Cattinka said...

I really like your new tablecloth, it will look pretty in the freshly painted kitchen. And your doily is stunning, it looks like handmade.
KATRIN W.

Karen said...

How nice to have fabric to look forward to on your birthday.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

love the doily.....my grandmother used to make some real beauties....
really love the tablecloth.
kudos to Joe for the photography.

Vicki H. said...

The doily is something special. I am partial to quilted table toppers and table runners. I make them to match room as well as seasons,too. Love yours

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

OOOOHHHHH Micki that doily is to die for. Lovely. And so well done. COlleen

scraphappy said...

The tablecloth fits just perfectly on the table. What great colors to paint the kitchen. I'm sure it will all be quite cheery when you have it done.

Nat Palaskas said...

Lovely doily what gorgeous work and the birthday fabrics to celebrate your birthday. Have a happy birthday Micki

marina said...

Your doilie is just perfection Micki.
Photographing quilts is quite hard isn't it. My husband used to insist on photographing them on the clothes line. But then they keep moving!
cheers
Marina

Anonymous said...

Micki, that doily makes me swoon!!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Cindy F. said...

Love your beautiful tablecloth and doily!!!

Simone de Klerk said...

Great tablecloth, Micki! You make so many many beautiful projects and all so special.