Thursday, December 10, 2009

Advent #10 and a Siggy Arrives


First of all, I got a mini pin cushion from Rachelle for my 10th Advent gift. Is it cute or what? I loved it so much that I put it on my blockeeper bag that I am making. Therefore, I had to take a pic of the project in progress to show you the Advent gift.LOL It was the cherry on the cake as they say...It added that special touch, don't you think? In case you are wondering, I just have to make the ruffles, straps and binding to finish the blockeeper bag....I just love the pinks and the blues together. The background fabric looks white, but it is actually a pale pink Michael Miller Fairy Frost called Creamsickle. If you haven't ever seen the fairy frost line, look here. It is fabulous!The back of the bag is all red with creamsicle fairy frost a tinier heart in the middle. The whole bag is turning out very cute indeed!

I also got a siggy from Ludwina who is from Belgium. I enjoyed her flower fabric. When it is winter and rainy most of the time here, flowers just make you smile.

Tomorrow, I will finish the bag...Today, Joe and I went shopping and then we took our walk together....I was just too busy to sew!
Enjoy your day...We are already in the early evening of our day.

14 comments:

Heckety said...

You sure are enjoying your Advent this year with all the little gifts. I've been popping in quickly but things are a bit busy so haven't commented.Tonight I'm catching up on everyone!
I think the Advent gift idea is lovely. Perhaps I could get organised enough to do it for my children another year- they'd love it!

Liz said...

The Advent swap is turning up some lovely gifts isn't it? I'm really enjoying watching everyone else open theirs as well as opening mine.
Lizzie
XXX

Joy said...

Wow Micki, you've been getting some gorgeous advent gifties!!! Loving the progress on your block-keeper too, what a great idea to attach the pincushion ~ you clever stitcher you :o)!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying opening and receiving your gifts Micki. I enjoyed making them for you :)

Rachelle x

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Loving the reds and pinks!!!!!!!

Nedra said...

I'm glad your weather has been clear enough for your walks with Joe. You have some wonderful gifts arriving. Thank you for sharing with us.

Unknown said...

G'eve, Micki ~ TY for popping over. I so enjoy your doing so.

Love your little gifts, & viewing what you all are doing.

IF you haven't started to follow the new blog please do as the old one is moot this week.

Merry Christmas, TTFN ~ Marydon

Julia said...

Lots of fun there Micki, opening up the advent gifts...I think it was a great idea.
Your block keeper is looking good.
Julia ♥

Pat said...

That mini pincushion is SO cute! What fun for you to collect siggy blocks, too!

Lisa V said...

Some lovely things you are receiving, it must be fun to do the advent each day!

Judy S. said...

That BK bag is so cute, Micki. I love the hearts, keys, fabric, everthing about it!

Tara said...

What fun, more and more surprises!

Anonymous said...

Micki,

What a fun-filled advent!!! I enjoy see what you are getting for each day.

Jackie's Stitches said...

The Advent Swap is like a swap that keeps on giving, isn't it?

Your block keeper is coming along. I love the addition of the keys and pin cushion.