Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Advent Gift #9


I received a lovely Aussie key chain for my next Advent gift, as you can see by the pic, the keys to the house have been placed on it already! Thanks Rachelle so much!

Monday, my embroidery machine is arriving, and I am thrilled with that. Don't ask me what the service bill was, but supposedly it is in top notch condition now. I will have to make some Christmas gifts, so I am looking forward to getting it.

I have been busy working on the Block Keeper bag using the pattern from Joy Patch that I won in the giveaway, and I got all of the machine quilting done. I just have to make the ruffles, handles, and put the binding around the bag. I will see if I can finish it tomorrow, but I will post as soon as I do...It is turning out so cute. I made it in pinks and reds, as it will be hanging in a room that has those colours...logical right? Of course, it could be that I also adore pink!
Hope everyone's day has been a good one....I am off to have a cuppa coffee.


9 comments:

Cath Ü said...

Hurry up and get that block holder finished we want to see... LOL
Cath Ü

Jocelyn said...

How cute the key ring is! Can't wait to see your block :-)

Barb said...

You are getting some really wonderful gifts

Quilter Going Bananas said...

You've gotten some lovely Advent gifts Micki, you lucky duck! Enjoy!
I'm trying to keep warm, it was -30C this morning, Brrrrr

Pat said...

Another fun gift for you in that Advent swap. Thanks for showing us each day. I hope the embroidery machine truly is in tip-top shape for you, too.

PurestGreen said...

Nice key chain - congrats on your win. I love the whole sending of treats that goes on in the blog world.

Embroidery machine, you say? On my No Chickadees blog I just posted some photos of a textile exhibit I recently attended. Since I am not crafty the photos are meant to inspire those who are. You are most welcome.

Judy S. said...

Can't wait to see that block keeper; that was such a cute pattern. You are one lucky gal!

Tara said...

What fun it must be to get gifts from another Country! I hope you are having a loveleigh week and Happy Holidays!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I love pink and red together! Can't wait to see your finished project and all your upcoming embroidery!