Friday, December 4, 2009

Advent Swap, Day Four

It is lovely to begin my day with a cuppa coffee and another Advent gift that I opened. Today, I received three lovely quilting threads...all Christmas colours, and like fabric, I always love getting thread.Thanks again Rachelle! Just what I needed!

I have decided to order "Quilt Life Magazine"....It is a quilting magazine by Ricky Tims and Alex Anderson, but it will feature many famous quilters and techniques. I just wanted to give you the thumbs up , as the special price of 20 dollars is only good until December 31st. Here is a link to the magazine, so you can order it if you like. I am also renewing my membership with "The Quilt Show". I just love it!
Well, hopefully, my December Star Gene is reading this too, as I know how much he loves Ricky Tims.

Have a wonderful weekend! I will be posting every day now to tell you about my Advent gift. Can you believe that we have 21 days to Christmas?

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I have heard good things about the magazine...I have to be careful with magazines because I turn into a hoarder!!!!

Jocelyn said...

Oh my the days are speeding by, aren't they?? Love seeing your Advent giftys :-)

Chris H said...

I must check out the magazine. I have made a couple of quilts using Ricky Tims techniques.

stewandchris@hotmail.com

Abatevintage said...

Micki love the threa, another wonderful gift in the mail.

I hope you guys have a great weekend.

-:¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:-•*HEIDI-:¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:-•*

Judy S. said...

Thread, how nice! You can never have too much of it, that's for sure.

Barb said...

Love your thread

Pat said...

What fun to get Christmas-colored threads as one of the Advent gifts!

fabricartist21 said...

Yes I just love those magazines but I already take 3 so no more as I don't get them all read. I still have so many old ones I cannot part with. I will love seeing you advent gifts.

Nat Palaskas said...

Lovely daily gifts Micki. What fun!!!

Searchfamilies said...

Nice threads, i am just about to at the magazine not sure yet as i don't want magazines that are a bit beyond me
Hugs Janice

Anonymous said...

I can imagine the fun you are having.

I remember when I had something like that for my kids when they were little. I would find a inexpensive things to give them each day til Christmas. Nothing fancy, it might have been a note telling them what they mean to me or maybe alittle toy or even a special cookie with their names on them.

Thanks for bringing back those memories.

Willow