Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Finally Arrived, My Last Advent Gift, and Our Dogs

It is freezing as usual today.BRRRRRR... As it is officially Christmas day, "Merry Christmas to all!" Santa did come to our house, as the cookies were gone.
(Don't forget to click on Santa's pic, as we caught him actually eating the cookies.)

Frosty the Snowman also came to Dunfanaghy. There was a layer of frost on the ground, lawn, hills...well everywhere. Needless to say, with all the stores and everything closed, we decided to stay snug in our cottage and not to venture outdoors, except to take the dogs out, as it is very slippy, and knowing myself as I do, I would fall.

My last Advent gift was a gorgeous wallhanging with Skippy the Kangaroo on it all hand stitched with the words "Hoppy Christmas"...Cute, huh? Rachelle, my Christmas holiday was made so special by all your gifts, and I do thank you!



Here is a pic that Joe just took of our dogs Rufus and Charlie. It is rare that Charlie lets Rufus lean his head like that on his back. Too cute for words!

Have a joyous day everyone and enjoy all the good food!

20 comments:

Gene Black said...

Ha ha...Hoppy Christmas to you,and all your readers too.

“The light of the Christmas star to you, The warmth of home and hearth to you, The cheer and good will of friends to you, The hope of a childlike heart to you, The joy of a thousand angels to you, The love of the Son and God’s peace to you.”

Bunny said...

Your wall hanging is just too cute love it. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas we have no snow here in Ontario Canada... My Advent partner sent me wonderful gifts too but her parcel I sent to Austraila in October never arrived, I also sent two more and they haven't arrived yet either I am so very disappointed.

SewCalGal said...

Delightful post. Have a wonderful Christmas day!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Jocelyn said...

Enjoy your Christmas! Hope it is a very happy one.

Kath said...

There was bright sunshine here and the snow has melted! There was a great avalanche off the roof and the dogs thought it was thunder!Have a wonderful evening, Kath xx

Tracey said...

Happy Christmas Micki! Wish I had some of your snow! All we have is rain rain rain...

Pat said...

You sure got lovely things from your Advent swap partner. Thanks for sharing them all with us. Your dogs look like they wish to go back to sleep!!! Stay warm and dry. Merry Christmas!

nutmegg said...

A very Merry Christmas to you and your dear ones.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Merry Christmas! I've enjoyed seeing your advent goodies. The pups are adorable!

Lisa V said...

Merry Christmas Micki, hope you had a lovely day.

Maria said...

I hope you have a "Hoppy Xmas" today.How cute is the little wallhaging.

Danielle said...

Super cute wallhanging! Hope you had a very enjoyable Christmas, and your dogs are just adorable!

Nancy M. said...

Cute wall hanging! Merry Christmas to y'all too!

a good yarn said...

Merry Christmas! I'd swap your cold for our heat any day. The wee lads look very chummy. Best wishes, Ann :-)

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Poppyprint said...

Guess what found it's way into my stocking? Irish Quilting mag!! And who's that mentioned on the second page winning a book...OH! it's YOU! How fun. Congratulations Micki.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Micki...how very Australian looking!!! Have enjoyed seeing your gifts...Dzintra♥x

Heckety said...

And a happy belated Christmas to you too. I hope you didn't get too cold and kept safely indoors with all the ice and snow. I hope you had water too.
Our dogs have been such fun in the snow, but we saw a neighbour's dog do a somersault on the ice this morning and it was not happy, poor thing.

Anonymous said...

Your dogs are adorable :>) They know how to stay warm and comfy. I like the way you can click on that santa and he's eatting the cookies. It's so cute! Your Advent gift is beautiful ♥ Stay warm. It's snowing here today.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you, Micki!!! Love your little wall hanging.