Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Giveaway Winner and Another Advent Gift

I am thrilled to announce my winner of the Christmas Irish Giveaway. It is Sue from

Alderwood Quilts. Congrats to Sue! I wanted to thank everyone for entering the giveaway. More importantly, I wanted to say that I am so grateful to have made such wonderful friends through our blogs. As a result of the giveaway, I met new friends, and that is such a blessing. I also wanted to wish you all a Happy Holiday!

Here is another Advent gift that I received from my partner Rachelle. it is a beautiful Christmas table runner. I have it on top of a chest that I have in front of the Stanley. Funny enough, it was a perfect fit. Thanks again so much! I will cherish everything!
It is still frigid here. We were at minus 8 degrees last night, and I ventured out a bit, but it was so slippy, that we only made it into town, dropped off a gift at a friend's house, and then we scurried home.
Happy Holiday! Tomorrow, is Christmas Eve. Amazing! I can't wait! Here is a favorite Christmas song in Ireland called
"Christmas In Killarney" sung by The Irish Rovers, but my all time favorite Christmas song is "Ding Dong Merrily On High" which I heard the first time in the original movie of "Little Women"...I could listen to this song a million times. Enjoy them both and Merry Christmas!

25 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Merry Christmas, Micki.

Orcsmom said...

Merry Christmas to you too!! I hope it warms up for you, -4 is too cold for me! I really enjoy reading your blog, and look forward to more readings in 2010!

Pam

SewCalGal said...

Congratulations to Sue at Alderwood Quilts. And a big thanks to Micki for a wonderful Giveaway! Great fun.

Delightful post Micki, as always. I do so enjoy reading your blog.

Have a very Merry Christmas!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Jocelyn said...

Congratulations to Sue! Thanks for hosting such a fun giveaway. We all enjoy a little bit of Ireland :-) Merry Christmas.

Sue said...

OHMYGOSH! I'm so excited! Through some recent email exchanges, Micki and I learned that we grew up a few miles from each other in Philadelphia, both lived in Texas, and now we both live in "green" places- Micki in Ireland and me in Oregon. My best gift is having a new friend. I am so looking forward to receiving the package, and the items will remind me of my new friend in Ireland, which is a wonderful Christmas gift! THANKS SO MUCH, MICKI!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to SUe.
Beautiful Gifts. Enjoy it,
Merry Christmas

Nedra said...

Congrats to Sue!

marina said...

well done Sue!
Best wishes for the festive season Micki!

Sarah - Kala said...

Well done for the winner!

Happy Christmas!! That's "Mele Kalikimaka" in Hawaiian!!

Tammy said...

Merry Christmas Micki!

Liz said...

Merry Christmas to both you and Joe, have a safe and happy new year. Thank you for your friendship and support this year and I'm looking forward to talking again in the new year.
Lizzie

Nat Palaskas said...

Congratulations Sue of Alderwood Quilts. Thanks Micki for a fun giveaways. Enjoy seeing all your Advent gifts - Happy Holiday -
Hugs
Nat
♥♥♥

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Congratulations to Sue...and Thank You Micki for hosting this fabulous giveaway...what fun!!! Have a very Merry Christmas...and wishing you a very Happy Healthy 2010...Hugs, Dzintra♥x

Daffycat said...

Congratulations, Sue!

Loved the videos, Micki. I have so many favorite Christmas songs I can't pick an absolute fav! :o)

Wishing you a very merry Christmas!

Judy S. said...

Merry Christmas, Micki! Would you believe that our choir is singing your favorite Christmas carol tomorrow night 3 times? Our services are being streamed live, but I have no idea what time that would be in Ireland, probably early in the morning on Christmas Day!

quiltmom anna said...

Congratulations to Sue- She and I had a lovely conversation this week because I had some questions about her templates that has on sale right now and she was so terrific on the phone. I am sure she is going to love your wonderful prize.
I hope it warms up and that you are able to get out and about.
The weather is cold here but it has stopped snowing for the moment. We have had a big dump of snow this past couple of weeks. We probably have close to two feet on the ground now. Winter has arrived in Alberta.
All the best in 2010.
Warmest regards,
Anna

Gene Black said...

Congrats to Sue.

Winter there is too cold for me! If I visit it will need to be warmer weather.ha ha

I have known Ding Dong Merrily on High ---for years. I love it too.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Congratulations to the winner.
Merry Christmas Micki!

Pat said...

Congrats to the winner and I hope your weather warms up a bit, Micki. NICE runner your swap partner made for you!

Pam said...

Hi Micki

Oh gosh -- I remember the Irish Rovers - they were always on CBC TV in Canada.

I am still reading - not often commenting and quite busy with things. Life has a funny way of getting in the way of the things you would really rather be doing -LOL

Anyway --

A very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!!

Maggi said...

Congratulations to Sue. Have a lovely Christmas. Maggi

Lois said...

What a wonderful giveaway that was and big congratulations to Sue,lovely blog and i will be a frequent visitor.
Merry christmas.
Hugs
Lois

andsewon said...

Congrats to your winner Sue!!!
Merry Christmas Micki!!!!
Hugs,
Lola

Soggibottom said...

A very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Devon x x x

Barb said...

Sue is awesome, you could not have picked a better person!! Love you Advent swap, all the gifts were wonderful....