Saturday, December 5, 2009

Magical Disney Sunday: Most Romantic Disney Songs


I decided to write about the most romantic Disney love songs. I have to admit that I was waiting a long time for Prince Charming to come and carry me off into the sunset on his beautiful white horse, and thankfully, I found him in Joe. I had many songs that I loved from Disney which pulled my heartstrings. I will narrow them down to my favorite top five songs. My first all time favorite song was "Tale As Old As Time" from "Beauty and the Beast"...Nothing was as romantic as that song. When I hear that song, it reminds me so much of Joe and myself, and the miracle of how we met and fell in love, as we were thousands of miles apart.

Then there is "Once Upon a Dream" that was sung in "Sleeping Beauty". It really made you believe that any dream could come true.

I also loved Cinderella and Prince Charming singing "So This is Love"... If any young girl wanted to know what love was, this was the song and scene to watch... It was just magical and it made you know that if you found love, "your heart would have wings and you could fly."


Of course, there was also "A Whole New World" from "Alladin"....When she sings that "she found a whole new world with you"....I always think of Joe bringing me to Ireland, and showing me truly a whole new world and life. Since then, I have never looked back.
Finally, there is that enchanting, romantic song from "Pocohantas" called
"If I Never Knew You". It makes you realize that the love you have is so special, and like in the song, I have thought how grateful I am to have met Joe.

Nothing can beat the romantic music in Disney movies. They always brings tears to your eyes.

13 comments:

blushing rose said...

Micki ~ Your selections are so romantic & emotional ... love them.
Have a beautiful weekend.

TTFN ~Marydon
Join me @ our new blog ~
blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com

Lurline said...

Micki, you are one gorgeous, happy lady - that shines through your Posts!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Abatevintage said...

Micki I just love seeing everyones Disney Sunday posts, I am so grateful to you for participating.

I love these songs they are incredible and my favorites.

I hope this evening finds you well.

Blessings
Heidi

SewCalGal said...

I agree you found your Prince Charming with Joe. And your song selection of Disney "romantic" songs is delightful. Isn't there another romantic song in Lion King?

Thanks for sharing.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Tara said...

These are all such beautiful songs. I think my favorites are the Belle song and the Pocahontas though. Disney surely finds some beautiful singers to sing their songs too, although some of the really old movie singers can get a bit screechy-is that a mean thing to say? OOPS. Have a magical day Micki, way over in the land of the leprechauns!

Anonymous said...

Hello Micki, you warmed my heart with your post especially the love you have for Joe....pretty special...hugs lyn

Kath said...

Lovely! Have a good day with Prince Joe, even if it is raining.XX hugs XX

stitchersanon said...

I love the Little Mermaid one: 'go on and kiss de girl'....but he never does sigh

Kerrie said...

Micki, I love the soundtrack from Beauty and the Beast! I play it all the time! ♥ Kerrie

Stayathomemommy said...

I love your post! There has been so many magical songs in Disney movies. Hope you have a magical Sunday.
~Karrie

Nancy M. said...

What great songs! Disney does have many magical ones!

Tracey said...

"A Whole New World" was my and Rob's song for our dance at our wedding reception. :)

Shelly said...

Love all the Disney songs. What's the romantic story between you and Prince Joe? You are such a happy lady! ^^