Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Day's Happenings and Many Thanks




Joe and I are back from the Chinese Restaurant. We had prawn crackers as a starter and then both of us ordered Kung Pao Chicken. We had the whole restaurant to ourselves, and it was a yummy meal. We took a lovely walk through Creeslough, and we had a wonderful time. I have included a few pics of the restaurant. The scenery from the window was gorgeous, and the dinner was so romantic and incredible!

This whole day has been extroardinary. In the morning, we went to a pub called McColgans and we had Irish Creams to drink. Funny enough, we had the whole pub to ourselves too, but that was because it was 10:30 in the morning. We sat in the snug area, and had a lovely time chatting. We then went to the book fair at the Workhouse, and I bought two mystery books. Then, I got my gifts from Joe and the boys, and we headed to the Chinese Restaurant. Luckily, when we were waiting for the bus to go home, a friend of mine, named Kathleen, was driving by and saw us by the bus stop, and she gave us a ride home. Perfect timing, as it was starting to rain pretty hard.
It has been such a nice day, even though I turned 59 years. My friend Kathleen said that next year when I hit 60, I should have a really big celebration. I don't even want to think about hitting the big "60" right now. All I can say today is thank you to everyone who wrote me and wished me a Happy Birthday. I can't begin to tell you how appreciative I am that you would all write to me. Every time that I left the house with Joe and we came back, there were more emails and good wishes. Thank you so much for being such good friends and blog buddies! It has really been an incredible year for Joe and me...we moved into our cottage, settled into our new life in Dunfanaghy and best of all, I have made so many wonderful friends through my blog.
That is why I want to have a giveaway in July , because I want to say thanks in a special way to all the people that I met this year as a result of starting my blog.
Thank you all again from the bottom of my heart for making my birthday even more special! Thanks also for the lovely FQ's and gifts that I received in the mail. It was all very exciting!

20 comments:

Liz said...

Khris sent me over to say 'Happy Birthday', hope you have/had a great day,
hugs, lizzie

Feedsack Fantasy said...

Happy Shamrocks & Blessings on your special day. TTFN ~Marydon

Jocelyn said...

You are such a gracious lady and we all enjoy reading your Irish Muses :-)

Sue said...

Best wishes for your birthday and many happy returns

quiltmom anna said...

It sounds like you have had a terrific day and so it should be as you are a lovely blogging friend Micki.
I hope that you have a fantastic year that is filled with many fun things, continued good health and good times with Joe and the boys.
One thing about getting older -its just a number. Your days are spent living richly and you enjoy each and every one of them.
What more could a girl wish for?
I know fabric :-)
Looks like you got some nice pieces of that too.
Happy Happy Birthday- May you enjoy many many More.
With best wishes and Hugs.
Anna

Vicki H. said...

What a beautiful birthday, glad you had a wonderful one.

Lady of the Cloth said...

Happy belated birthday! It sounds like you had a fantastic celebration. 59 is young. I have 3 years on you friend!

ceecee said...

A very 'Happy Birthday' to you Micki! It sounds like you had a wonderful day with all of Ireland to yourselves. I especially enjoyed your tale of Irish Creams for breakfast! Another 59 happy ones to you!!!
Catherine xx

simple country living! said...

Aloha & Happy Birthday to you!Sounds like you had a great time!

RG said...

Happy Happy Birthday Micki!!
Did your parcel arrive on your birthday? Wow!
It sounds like you have had the most wonderful birthday.
Congrats to you :D
Enjoy today...next year will come soon enough!!
Big birthday hugs to you,
Robyn xx

marina said...

Happy Birthday Micki!!!
Another June baby like me.
Sounds like you had a Princess day. All the very best wishes and remember it is only a number- embrace it.
Marina

Searchfamilies said...

Glad you had a wonderful day it nice to be able to celebrate your birthday doing things you want to do
Hugs Janice

Miss Muffet said...

Happy Birthday Micki!
I recently discovered your lovely blog. Twenty-five years ago my husband and I bicycled in Ireland on our honeymoon. Great memories and hope to return after college tuition bills are over. You definitely have to make a splash of some sort for your 60th. This summer I'm celebrating my 50th by cycling 50 miles along the coast of Maine. Cheers!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Micki...I notice Feedsack Fantasy said Happy Shamrocks...was wondering if that is a saying you have over there? Sounds like a blissful day...just the 2 of you in the Pub and the Restaurant. I like it that you were there at 10.30...feels really special and a good start to the day, Dzintra♥x

Heckety said...

Peaceful, contented days like this are such a gift so its great you had one of them for your birthday! Many happy returns!

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Micki, although it is a little late. Hope you had a good one. Please send me your mailing addy at this email: stitchduchess2@yahoo.com and I will send you a little something.

molly said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time on your b'day, fellow Gemini! Hope the year ahead is great. Your age IS just a number, at least that's what I keep telling myself. If I don't look in the mirror I can almost start to believe it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing about your special day with us! I enjoyed reading it.

Re: Creeping thyme -- thanks for the kind comment. I want to let you know that it is an evergreen! So, it takes the winter very well! :)

scraphappy said...

Happy birthday! It sounds like you had an absolutely lovely day. You should definitely have a big to do on your 60th next year, how many new decades do we get to celebrate in our lives?

Natalija said...

Please accept my belated Happy Birthday wishes. It seems you had a fantastic day :)
By the way, please visit my blog. I have a surprise for you ;)